“Fun place for lunch”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed July 2, 2013

We ended up eating lunch here on all three days in Friday Harbor. It's a chaotic (in a good way) place, with a decent selection of beers and good seafood options. The top deck is a great place to watch the Ferries come in and out (and a great place to kill time after parking your car to wait for a Ferry).

Reviewed June 27, 2013

With the fabulous location and the wide variety of items on the menu, I truly had high hopes for this restaurant. There was nothing memorable about the food and for what we got, I thought the prices were a bit high. Walk farther into town to eat instead of stopping here for convenience!

Reviewed June 23, 2013

My family and I, wife and two kids, 12 and 11, went after a whale watch tour on a beautiful Saturday afternoon. It was a bit confusing as the staff were flying around delivering orders so we werent sure but soon learned that you order at the bar and then seat yourself and wait for your food. We ordered our meal and sat on the upper deck overlooking Friday Harbor. The food arrived fairly promptly and was very average. Mostly fried seafood, but I had the grilled salmon. My wife really enjoyed her crab cake and my salmon was very average. We had the calamari and popcorn shrimp appetizers...very average. They charge a dollar for refills on small cup soft drinks...rip-off! All in all, however, I knew what to expect going in, based on other reviews on TripAdvisor so I was not disappointed. We went for the view.....and the only reason I gave this restaurant an average rating.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

Me and my friend visited this place while on a 2 hour lunch break from a whale watching trip. With all the places in the area to choose from I am sorry that we chose this place. While the name "Friday's Crabhouse" is appealing you will surely be underwhelmed by the food.

Seating- There are so many different places to choose from as far as seating goes. There is indoor, outdoor, and even seating with a view, however, I was so confused by the fact that you have to sit certain places if you want to order certain things. Upon arriving we were told that we could order certain things from the menu, but seafood was only available if we sat in a different location near the bar or something to that effect...Sorry that just doesn't make sense to me.

Service- Everyone was polite and friendly. Service is probably the only other thing this place has to offer aside from location and the view.

Food- The food was over priced and probably what I would call fast food quality. My fish sandwich was falling apart and I had to eat most it with utensils. Mind you, this is a sandwich and it's usually something you eat with your hands right?? It seemed as if this was all from the frozen food section at Safeway. My friends "scallop platter" was a few small peices in a plastic basket, they should really consider changing the name to scallop basket. It seriously looked like TV dinner quality food. Van De Kamp's fish sticks remind me of this food.

I would not reccomend this place. they need to upgrade! SERIOUSLY!

Reviewed June 7, 2013

If you want good food in a hurry while waiting for the ferry, this is a reasonable choice. I had the shrimp platter and the shrimp was delicious - not too overdone, the way shrimp can be, unfortunately -fries were tasty. The cold slaw needed a bit more flavor, rather than the dullness of cabbage. Pay with cash