“Fits the bill for a great meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Duck Soup Inn

Duck Soup Inn
Ranked #19 of 64 Restaurants in Friday Harbor
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Duck Soup Inn is a rustic island restaurant serving Pacific Northwest cuisine. We hope to offer you a sense of place by showcasing the bounty of the islands we are blessed to call home. From local farm produce, meat and seafood, foraged edibles from land and sea, and local goods made from island crafts people, the abundance and beauty of the San Juan's is on full display. We offer you adventures in island dining through fresh, seasonal, inspired cuisine, delightful wines, and creative cocktails served in a cozy cabin in the woods. The restaurant has received enthusiastic attention from various publications including Bon Appétit, Pacific Northwest Magazine, Seattle Met, Seattle Times, Gourmet, Travel & Leisure, and Fodor's.
West Allis, Wisconsin
“Fits the bill for a great meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

Based on Trip advisor reviews I went to check out this restaurant and I was glad I did. The food was very good Both the soup and salad were tasty. I had the scallops with lemon which were fabulous The chocolate pot dessert was outstanding. The service was very nice. I would go back. Much better experience than I had downtown FH and good value on the cost.

• Visited June 2013

Friday Harbor, Washington, United States
“Great food, tasty drinks, beautiful setting in the woods!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013

Chef Kyle's food, as always, was superb! The specialty drinks on the menu augmented the meal perfectly. And the scenery was fantastic! We enjoyed our meal on a misty Northwest day - and loved it! Heaters and a cover on the deck kept us warm and dry, and the attentive server keep us fed and never without a drink! I would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for an off-the-beaten-path, extraordinary meal in a lovely setting.

The Fillet Mignon was one of the best I've ever tasted - moist & tender and the flavor was... well... amazing! The Jone's Family Pork was phenomenal and I'll certainly be back to try it again.

My recommendation? Go treat yourself to an amazing culinary experience with wonderful ambience!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank NW_IslandChris
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho, United States
“Loved it!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2013

Must have reservations, they are always booked but it was worth it... We had the Steak Dianne and some salads and it was awesome. They service was great as well. Yummy, I would highly recommend.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Samantha B
Friday Harbor, Washington, United States
“Culinary delight in a beautiful wooded setting that got me doing a happy dance!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

From the minute you pull up to Duck Soup Inn, you get a feeling that this place is very different than many other places on San Juan Island. It's quiet, it's in the woods, and it's a beautiful charming building that is very inviting. We made our reservations last minuet and we ended up on the deck, they apologized for that, but in reality I preferred the deck! It was a lovely evening and with the outside deck heaters, we were all very comfortable. Lovely cocktail concoctions choices! I loved the Rhubarb Margarita!
We started out with a couple appetizers including the morel tart and the flaming cheese! Both were super delicious!

For my main course, I had the filet mignon, though it was a tough decision because of the variety of choices! The filet was perfectly cooked and the taste was just amazing. It was actually a really nice size as well! It sat on a bed of mashed potatoes with a reduction sauce and asparagus. Everything was just amazing and there wasn't a drop of anything left on the plate.

Dessert was also amazing! We shared a couple at the table including the creme brulee, black forest cake, and a lime meringue pie. All of them were simply delectable!

Hats off to Chef Kyle Nicholson, Emily Nicholson, and their fantastic waitstaff. I'm so excited to experience Duck Soup Inn again! Thank you everyone!

• Visited May 2013
Seattle, WA
“Nice restaurant, food quality doesn't match the price”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

Duck Soup Inn is located a few miles north of Friday Harbor. It has a friendly and warm ambience. The wait staff is knowledgable and attentive, service is prompt, and the menu has some novel dishes. Let me explain why I have rated it as Average based on my dining experience. We ordered two entrees - one was good (but not very good), and the other was just average. The soup that preceded the entrees was excellent, salad was average, and the Moroccan Snake dessert we ordered was very good. The price for the meal (including tax and tips) was around $87 - note that we didn't have any drinks or starters.

If you are a vegetarian, then you may only find one entree on the menu (excluding soup and bread), which is a bit disappointing.

• Visited April 2013