“Excellent food and ambiance at top prices”
Review of The Place Restaurant & Bar - CLOSED

The Place Restaurant & Bar
Cuisines: American, Fusion
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Gorgeous restaurant on the water at Friday Harbor. It is very expensive, so this is a place for a special occasion. I had the Sturgeon, and it was delicious, as were the roasted oysters which my husband had. Actually he said they were the most interesting and the best he had ever had. The dining room is beautiful with lights strung around the walls of windows. Lovely

Reviewed October 23, 2013

We ate here with a large group on a Tuesday night. I have to say we had the absolute best service ever! They were extremely accommodating to every little thing, and truly made everyone feel special. No request was too small and nothing was overlooked. The food was excellent, but have to say the service was over the top. Will be back soon!

Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

Went to the Place during our four day stay on San Juan Island. Drinks, food and service we're excellent. The owner (forgot his name ) , Patricia, and Julie we're all very friendly and helpful with advice about the island. See you again in 2014.

1  Thank Bensgma
Reviewed September 30, 2013

The Place is a Friday Harbor special event tradition. It sits right on the water, has a full bar, nightly specials, homey - small town atmosphere and excellent food. My favorites are the macadamia encrusted oysters, linguine with clams, the vegan special (voodoo something), and the house made desserts. Not to be missed.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

Wow... Everyone in town, "go to The Place". So, we went. We were not impressed.

The location? yes a great view of the ferry landing. The service, sub standard, and the food was at best average.

We arrived, quickly greeted and sent to our table. The waitress arrived and quickly prompted drink orders. We told her we had just been seated. She returned and asked again. No dialog, no invite that she even wanted to talk to us. The drinks came back and the next prompt was for the food order. Before we had even finished our order, she had turned and walked away from the table.
Wow, that was rude.

We were seated next to a 6 top that had arrived after us, but, was served before us. How did that happen?

Our food arrived, my friends meal that she had been told they could grill instead of pan sear, came out pan seared, not grilled. My halibut overcooked, and what makes me more crazy than ever, when people just come and start grabbing glasses and plates off your table without even asking if you are finished. At $12 for a 10 oz. margarita, that is all ice rather than beverage.... yes, don't touch it... I will wait until all tequila has melted off each ice cube, and if your hand crosses in front of me one more time grabbing for something, I will stab you!

Dessert was fresh baked rubard pie with peach ice cream. I assume, fruit pie ala mode will come out warm. Mine was ice cold - pie hard as a rock. I asked to have it heated and returned, it still came back cold.

Our check for 2, including 2 cocktails - $147. As two gals in the restaurant business, this was a huge disappointment for both of us....

1  Thank Casbay