“Great atmosphere, food a little bland”
Review of The Place Restaurant & Bar - CLOSED

The Place Restaurant & Bar
Cuisines: American, Fusion
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed February 19, 2013

The atmosphere here is very nice. Right on the bay. Friendly service, very attentive. The food portions were decent, but the food was a little bland for our palate. My wife ordered a vegetarian bowl of some sort. It was huge! I ordered a curry Cod plate. We both commented how our meal was bland. The server had given me a dish of sauce to spice things up a bit and that helped a lot. The atmosphere is great for a romantic dinner, especially as it gets dark, with the lights on the water.

Reviewed February 9, 2013

We started with their mushroom appetizer, which was excellent, a medley of mushrooms, artichoke hearts and sundried tomatoes in a garlic herbed butter sauce with crostinis and a warm goat cheese. I had their signature lamb chops with a layered potato tart and vegetables. The tart was a bonus! It wasn’t listed on the menu and was great. The option for a third chop was a good value, the chops were nicely seasoned and perfectly cooked, charred on the outside and perfectly pink on the inside. Unfortunately, they were just not perfectly serviced, the meat was just warm when served and the vegetables were barely room temperature. My wife wanted their fettuccini, but doesn’t eat chicken and they substituted it with prawns without any question. It was a nicely sized portion, well seasoned and hers was hot. For dessert, we shared a lemon budino that was perfect. The restaurant is nicely decorated on the waterfront with a nice view of the ferries coming and going. The wait staff was very pleasant and attentive. The overall dining experience wasn’t spoiled by my food temperature issue and we will give them another try.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

After arriving in Friday Harbor, I walked around trying to decide where to eat. The Place has a great, easy menu and nice wine. I had a panini and Chardonnay and settled in to enjoy my visit.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

The Place sits right on the harbor's edge - a beautiful, cozy and friendly special restaurant with a gourmet menu.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

The place is on the water, right next to the ferry terminal, and at night it's a treat to watch the lighted ferries sail in. The food is great, and the atmosphere is unique.