“Imagine coming home each evening to JLG! We do not want to leave!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Friday Harbor
Juniper Lane Guest House
Ranked #5 of 17 Friday Harbor B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Inviting creative decor, amazing character, stunning views of beautiful fields! Clean and well equipped kitchens! Absolutely charming! Near to Downtown Friday Harbor, yet has a country feel! We love the little cabin with its own kitchen, had three young adults stay there. The other two couples stayed in the main house upstairs in gorgeous rooms! The main house also has a fully furnished kitchen and we made breakfast there. We enjoyed meeting other guests. The sun is setting now and streaming through the windows and skylights. I wish this was my house, seriously. We looked at other places, this is the best! You can stay here inespensively if you share one of the rooms with a hall bath and bunks.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Juniper Lane Guest House

Reviewed July 30, 2012

The guest house is welcoming, esthetically delightful and at the same time creating a peaceful ambience. I began to refer to it as home almost immediately. It had everything we were looking for. The location blended accessibility with being out of the middle of things. The kitchen well stocked and inviting enough to become a place to meet other guests and to spend time with our co-travellers. The back yard was a great place to rest in the evening or to read in one of the hammocks. Juniper is gracious and attentive without being intrusive. It was a lovely stay in every way.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 25, 2012

We rented 3 rooms in this beautiful guest house last week (July 2012). 2 couples (ages 55-75) rented the Green Tea and Regal Royale rooms, plus 3 adult offspring sharing the Cedar room. Perfect venue with hip elegance and serene vibe. Kitchen is splendidly stocked and pleasant to share with others. The entire house is immaculate and comfy. Extra touches included organic coffee and teas, bathrobes, hairdryers, WIFI, T.V., and an awesome book collection! Juniper herself is a delight - friendly, mellow, and a gracious host. Great location for peace & quiet while still walkable to town.

Room Tip: All 5 rooms are exquisite and well-appointed.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 24, 2012

I was traveling with my 14 year old grand.daughter and this was the perfect place for us. I try to introduce her to different styles of accomodations and this is by far our favorite. We enjoyed Juniper, the location, the quiet, the kitchen, our surroundings, and our accommodations. I felt comfortable enough to let her sleep while I walked to town to pick up some breakfast. I will certainly tell anyone who will listen to stay here.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 18, 2012

We stayed for 2 days in June of 2012 while we went kayaking with the orcas! It was lovely. The room (green tea) is so pretty and the shared kitchen allows you to meet other guests and hear their stories. Very friendly. Juniper also is friendly and helpful. Juniper Lane is located at the edge of a beautiful large green meadow, where deer browse, but it is a little (20-30 minute) walk back into Friday Harbor. Plan accordingly. We walked into town whenever we wanted, but took a taxi when we had baggage. The taxi line we used was San Juan Island Taxi Service. Ken and Susie were prompt and helpful too. BTW, we took the Victoria Clipper to the islands and took Kenmore Air (tiny local plane) back to Seattle, and both had their charms. I'm glad we did both types of transportation.

Room Tip: The least expensive rooms have a shared bath, but only with one other room, I think. Not really a pr...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 31, 2012

The pictures of Juniper Lane do not do it justice. The place is immaculate and every detail finished. From the quality of the Wood to the tile and furnishings. We stayed in the Regal room with its own bathroom. The bed was so comfortable we didn’t want to get out of it. Little did we know before we arrived but Juniper herself built the House with the help of her friends. And she has many, everywhere we went people gushed over what a terrific person and friend she is. She met us when we arrived and was full of useful information. I bugged her daily for restaurant recommendations. The first night we ate at the Duck Soup Inn (AMAZING). She even had 2 pair of Binoculars she let us use for our whale watching tour. We arrived on a Thursday and were the only ones in the place. I had a little peak into the other rooms and was impressed with all of them. The price was just right as well. You figure the extra $50+ a night you would pay at another B&B just to have breakfast included is not a big bonus. We like to come and go when we please, we had so many activities planned it was easier for us to eat in town. I was surprised with all the good places to eat. Besides there is a full kitchen and you can easily throw something together. Kings Market in town was great. Im a pretty picky person, so for me to rave about a place is rare. I really loved the vibe of place and it was super comfy and cozy. It was also very conveniently located a mile out of Friday Harbor.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 30, 2012

Juniper Lane Guest House is just outside Friday Harbor on San Juan Island. It is walkable if you didn't pack the kitchen sink (about a mile and a half from the ferry) but there is also parking available. There are two one bed bedrooms upstairs, both with ensuite baths, and both very comfortable with full size windowseats that can sleep an extra person. Downstairs there is another one bed room which shares a hall bath with a bunk bedroom, plus another bunk bedroom with its own private bath (in the hall). The common area is very comfortable and the shared kitchen is spacious and fully equipped, including quite decent coffee and an assortment of tea. The entire inn is impeccably clean. (The "no shoes in the house" rule helps.)

Juniper is the innkeeper and is very responsive to requests. If the room is not rented the night before (or night after) your stay, she can sometimes accommodate early check in / late check out.

I have stayed twice, once with my husband and once with my adult daughter, and both times were very enjoyable. I have not stayed in the summer when the rooms are likely to be filled, so I don't know about noise levels then, but both times I've stayed there has been at least one other room occupied and there was no noise problem.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family