“Great food with some caveats”
Review of Ernie's Cafe

Ernie's Cafe
Ranked #33 of 67 Restaurants in Friday Harbor
Reviewed August 23, 2014

You order at the counter and grab your own utensils and water. Very casual, just the way I like it. The food was served food promptly (by the cook), even though most of the tables were filled. The soup-of-the-day was sausage and rice. My wife had that with a "popover" (home made bread), both of which were excellent. In fact she said they were the best she'd ever had. My bulgogi was very tasty but it had bit too much fat. Some people might prefer it that way. Also, I didn't care for the sticky-style rice, but again, that's a matter of preference.

1  Thank ginahoy

Reviewed July 7, 2014

The food was very good and it was enjoyable to watch the planes land and take off. This place was a hit with our children as well as the adults.

1  Thank RozSSeattle
Reviewed June 30, 2014

This was my third trip to Ernie's today in the last few weeks and my husband's first. We had cheeseburgers and fries and they were delicious. I love that they are grilled which adds to the flavor. Everything was fresh, too. My first meal at Ernie's was breakfast which was excellent. The bacon was perfectly cooked, something you don't always find in a restaurant. The atmosphere is pleasant with a lot of friendly chatter from other diners. I'm so glad we found a place we can go to regularly and sample many of their menu items. I still haven't had a popover but that's next! Thank you!

2  Thank Bluepacifica
Reviewed February 19, 2014

Just a Ma and Pa place right at the airport, a little hard to find, but worth it. Nice place, nice people and good food. Would go back again for lunch.
I checked the scenic view, because you can watch the airplanes coming and going.

2  Thank sailer2
Reviewed October 24, 2013

My husband and I went to Friday Harbor for my birthday. I looked online for a special breakfast/lunch spot and made my choice instantly when I noticed Ernie's Cafe had POPOVERS! I love popovers, so I immediately wanted to try this restaurant. Are we glad!!! This little restaurant (with about a dozen or so tables) is at the airport in Friday Harbor. We arrived and met the very friendly owners, Christine and Patrick. I had breakfast and a POPOVER (the largest I have EVER had), and my husband had a cheeseburger for lunch. I also tried their home made soup and their famous Korean dish Bulgogi and every single item was absolutely delicious!! Go early or call in to reserve a popover as they always sell out. We arrived at 11am and the popovers were piping fresh, hot out of the oven! The restaurant is a casual fun place where locals get together for breakfast or lunch and I wish we were locals! It has a little patio for outside summer dining. The day was very foggy so we could only see the parked planes instead of planes taking off and landing. It was also fun to enjoy the other popovers at home for two days after! We hope to "pop over" to Ernie's Cafe again soon! Sorry-could not resist! Find this restaurant and you too will be happy! Deb and Harry

3  Thank debandharry