“Nice Atmosphere and Good Food”
Review of Vinny's Ristorante

Vinny's Ristorante
Ranked #11 of 67 Restaurants in Friday Harbor
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: First St
Description: We are a quaint, little Italian restaurant in the heart of Friday Harbor. We offer authentic Italian Cuisine in a beautiful, fun atmosphere. Come and enjoy Vinny’s!
Reviewed August 11, 2014

We chose Vinny's for our last night in Friday Harbour. The ambience is very nice, upscale Italian with a nice amount of room between the tables. Because we were told it could be busy, we made a reservation, and upon arrival, were led to a nice table in the centre of the room. A server came over quite quickly, gave us menus and took our order for beverages. Shortly after that, a different person came and told us about the featured dishes for the evening, and asked us if we had any questions about the rest of the menu. Service was knowledgeable, friendly, and efficient for the most part.
We ordered an heirloom tomato and bocconcini salad and the prosciutto wrapped prawns served with risotto. Both were delicious. We all ordered pasta dishes as the main course, and mine was a little less successful that I had hoped, but everyone else was very pleased. Desserts were lovely as well - a creme brûlée that was excellent, and a small, but decadent flourless chocolate torte that was wonderful.
Overall, I would recommend this restaurant. The service showed a little inexperience here and there, but it wasn't enough to ruin the evening, just needed a little patience.

Reviewed August 5, 2014

Had dinner there on a recent vacation. It appeared to be a higher class Italian Restaurant. It it was all.smoke and mirrors! The service was o.k. But the food was overpriced. We felt as though we were being rushed out of the door. We ordered a glass of wine, our waitress came back immediately to take our order and returned within. Inured with it from the kitchen! I swear they had everything prepared and just reheated. My meal was not even hot but figured they would just "nuke". It some more if I returned it. You would do better looking elsewhere.

1  Thank MacOcala
Reviewed August 4, 2014

The service was very nice and the food was very good. Enjoyed the after dinner cocktails as well. We would come again.

Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

Had a nice romantic dinner with the hubby at Vinny's during our stay in Friday Harbor. The restaurant had a great atmosphere. The food was great. We both opted for seafood and all of it tasted fresh and was cooked perfectly. Also the calamari appetizer was delicious! That was probably the highlight. So even if you aren't particularly interested in a seafood entree get some calamari to share beforehand!

The service was alright. It is probably the only thing standing between me an a five star review of Vinny's. It took a while for someone to bring us drinks and our servers was a lil strange but otherwise a fantastic experience.

1  Thank Alison H
Reviewed August 3, 2014

Based on the wide disparity in reviews this tells me that either there is a wide range in what people expect quality food to be or there is inconsistency in the preparation. I have tried a lot of restaurants that have wild fluctuations in rating and some were good and some were bad. This place did not impress. Appetizer, Crespelle, although the crepe and filling were very good, it was smothered in what they identified as sage butter. I make sage butter and this butter had no flavor to it. Instead, the Crespelle, was swimming in a pool of tasteless fat. Would have been better served with a light basil or mint cream sauce. Their version just came out oily. Entrée 1 was the Capellini Mediterranean. The shrimp were over cooked and tough. The pasta was very overcooked and had the consistency of ramen noodles. Not to sound like a food snob but I have eaten Italian food all over the world and this is not prepared in the tradition of fresh, well made Italian food. This reminds me more of badly prepared Italian American food. Entrée 2 was the stuffed zucchini which in itself was not bad. Again the pasta was awfull. My Italian mother would slap me if I served food like this. All these dishes could excel as the potential is there but he preparation is bad. As expected the reviews on their web site were cherry picked from the positive reviews.