“As good as it gets”
other travelers have booked this property
Street View of driveway Cozy, private quiet bedroom
Cozy Comfy Bedroom
Comfy Pillow Top Queen Bed with many pillows
Forrest in the Fog
Private Bathroom
Bathroom across the hall from Bedroom
Shower view
Spring Blooming tree
Sitting area by bed
Desk area across from bed
Towels & Robe for the tub, just outside your door
Front garden
Spring Blooms
Front gardens
Farm around the corner
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

redbird35...
melrose, florida
“Disappointment”
Reviewed September 8, 2012 for a stay in August 2012

There was difficulty in booking with Flipkey (not the host) because we used a credit card they don't accept and had to phone Flipkey to find out why the reservation would not go through. A fee of $39.99 for mandatory insurance was not disclosed in advance by the host. This charge was required by the homeowner. This was brought to the attention of the host during our stay and she offerred to refund the fee and I declined the refund as it was an akward situation for me. She stated that she no longer charges that fee but we were charged .

The rental had a very strong mildew odor. Doors and latches did not function properly. Several cobwebs in bathroom and shower areas. Live ants in the shower. The hot tub was not working upon our arrival and was due to be repaired the day before our departure. The bedroom walls had numerous small patches with mismatched paint.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: fresh wild blackberries
Liked least: mildew odor
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
Management Response
Sep 7, 2012
This guest was my first flipekey rental and not very knowledgeable about what credit cards were allowed.
The client wanted to use an Amex, and flipkey did not accept this card.
Flipkey advises to charge the insurance against damages, so following the sites' advice, charged the insurance fee.
This was my first booking done in late July for a September rental, when the guest arrived we talked about this fee, and I offered a refund on the spot. The guest declined.

Prior to this guests arrival, the tub required a change of water. After cleaning and refilling the tub, upon restarting, I inadvertently over tightened a pipe, and it broke.

Living on an island, and getting work done by others in a timely fashion is an issue. The tub, was up and running during the guest's stay.

As to all other issue, I was never notified by the guest of any other issues.

Living in the country is unique, and perhaps there were a couple of cobwebs, not seen while cleaning.
As to the other issues, new traps were placed in the bathroom.

Hmmm, I want to thank the guest for their review that was left in such detail.

I pride myself on good customer service, and go out of my way to make sure the guests feel comfortable in my home. I only wish these issues were brought to my attention sooner.
I wish my guests good travels.
Cheers
Ruth
CA
Reviewed August 18, 2012 for a stay in August 2012

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
Recommended for:
A romantic getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers
San Diego
Reviewed August 9, 2012 for a stay in August 2012
people found this review helpful

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
Recommended for:
A romantic getaway
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Night
Week
Month
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your vacation rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing