All reviews indoor pool sun place earth tones free bikes earth box victoria clipper hardwood floors lavender products block walk san juan island spring street hot tub off season beds were comfortable ferry dock an easy walk close to town
Selected filters
Reviewed October 14, 2018 via mobile

We did not have high expectations after reading some of the other reviews. We were very surprised at how pleasant, quiet and convenient the Earthbox in was during our Friday Harbor Stay. The front desk attendant was very helpful with where to eat ideas. An easy walk to town. Parked the car directly outside our rooms. Didn't use the bikes but sitting in front, they added a cuteness to the Motel Ambiance. We had a king room that was spacious, cleverly remodeled, comfortable and quiet. We will Definatelu stay here again when we visit Friday Harbor again.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Laura S, Manager at Earthbox Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2018

Hi Jill,

Thank you so much! Exceeding our guest's expectations is our absolute favorite. We are so happy you had a great time. Please come visit us again soon!

Reviewed October 13, 2018 via mobile

I would recommend this place if you need to walk off the ferry and be located in town. It is clean and decent. I was disappointed because it is really a glorified motel. For the price I paid I was expecting a beautiful place. What I got was a room at the very back of the property which was ugly from the outside. The room itself was clean and small. I was surprised that the inside toiletries included earplugs. This gives you a clue as to how noisy your room can be depending on your neighbors. I know staying on the island is not cheap but I was disappointed that my room didn’t match up with what I thought I was getting.

Trip type: Traveled with friends

Hi Tyndalljm,

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your stay. Yes, retro-motor inn is who we are. It's the first sentence on our website. I'm so sorry you felt mislead.
Please know, that being on an island is expensive. Just think, everything from gasoline to bedding needs to be shipped or flown over. In addition, property, wages, taxes and utilities, especially drinking water, are much much higher than on the mainland. You'll see that reflected in your room rates.
We hope you had a lovely time in our little island paradise on this glorious Fall weekend. Please come back sometime. We run amazing specials in the off-season.

Reviewed October 7, 2018 via mobile

Very nice staff - like some of the most responsive and honestly kind people! Five stars!! Kayley went out of her way to accommodate us and our little dog. Indigo: Thank you!! Jordan! Thank you for an authentic welcome!
Super comfy beds. Elegant decor, beautiful; not pretentious or stuffy. Great Value. Loads of hot water galore for a nice long bath and they feature Pelindaba Lavender products in the shower!! Oh, now that feels and smells so good! My hair came out gorgeous and I’m picky!

In town location is ideal!! Quiet even though everything you want is so close. Nestled among beautiful plants and mature trees. It’s just a hop, skip and a jump to cold beer and amazing nachos at Haley’s Sports Bar! Grocery, too, right around the corner.
I love this place. We are coming back as soon as we can!
BTW, we saw the Orcas at Lime Kiln Park!!

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Laura S, Manager at Earthbox Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2018

Hi Noelle,

You just made our day! Thank you so much! It is guests like you who make what we do so fun and rewarding. We can't wait for next time!

Reviewed September 22, 2018

Very friendly staff, clean and comfortable room with Pelindaba lotion in the room. Great place to stay while exploring San Juan Island. Walking distance from Ferry. Complimentary bikes for riding around town.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Laura S, Manager at Earthbox Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2018

Thanks for all the stars, John!

We loved having you and can't wait for next time!

Reviewed September 19, 2018

We stayed here for 3 nights and really enjoyed it. After getting off the ferry from Seattle, we were met by the Earthbox van to take us uphill to the hotel. Our room (#343) was an end room with a balcony which over looked a sad fenced weedy area and the back of the Post Office, however, we saw a silver fox (almost black) in the weedy area! Very cool! The rooms are not huge, but very tastefully decorated. Ours was a "water" room. The bathroom was nicely sized, and the fridge and Kurig was handy. We used the laundry, which was....a laundry. Cost about $4.00 to wash & dry a load. The pool/hot tub/sauna was great, mainly because there were only 3-4 adults in it any time we were (no screaming kids!). The hot tub was soothing after shopping, hiking and biking most of the day. We did not use the sauna. The bikes that are included are typical touring ones with no gears or hand brakes, but they did provide helmets and suggestions on routes. We took the 5.5 mile Pear Point loop, which offered fantastic views of coast/farms/forest/wildlife, with some hills. I would definitely stay here again!

Room tip: an end unit on 3rd floor.
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank smm1779
Laura S, Manager at Earthbox Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2018

Hi Smm1779,

Thank you so much for your visit and for taking the time to write about your stay. We are so happy you liked our place and had a lovely time. We hope to see you again soon!