We snagged a terrific deal that Earthbox offered on Groupon, and we stayed 2 nights in a WaterPlace room, #302.
First off, the room was very clean and well made. No stray hairs, no grubby stains or scrapes. Everything seemed immaculate and well maintained.
The room was furnished quite nicely, with neutral, soothing tones and what appeared to be quality decor. There was a flat screen tv, plenty of cable stations to choose from, a refridgerator, microwave, coffee pot, and some coffee/tea selections as well as more available in the lobby.
There was plenty of storage space and closet space & hangers, plus a luggage rack for setting one's suitcase on. Dual nightstands. The a/c and fan unit was a bit loud, but did an adequate job of keeping the room at a comfortable temperature. We like the white noise of a fan as it helps keep outside/other occupant noises at a minimum.
Bathroom was very roomy, and the jacuzzi tub was nice and deep, with plenty of hot water and all of the jets worked properly. Appreciated the soap/shampoo dispenser and the Inn's efforts to keep environmental impact low. Blow dryer included, as well as ear plugs & shower cap. The bathtub did drain very slowly - I left a note notifying house keeping that the drain should be unclogged.
The staff was extremely friendly and efficient, and made some nice suggestions for food and sight seeing. Tory was especially warm and friendly.
The downside: The bed KILLED us! It was sleeping on a BRICK! We could feel the springs in the mattress, and every time we turned or moved, we felt them pressing beneath us. I slept extremely poorly because of this, and because I have fibromyalgia, by the time we had spent 2 nights and checked out to head home, I was in awful pain. My husband likes firm mattresses, and even he said it was terribly uncomfortable for him. A simple solution would be to put good quality memory foam mattress toppers on their beds. Just 3 inches of good memory foam would resolve this issue and is much less expensive than replacing the mattresses.
Overall, a very pleasant stay. But with the beds being so uncomfortable to the point of inflicting pain, we cannot say we would stay here again. Only if the problem is corrected will we be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Earthbox Inn & Spa is a delightful blend of cool resort motel and classic vintage motor inn with an indoor pool, full-service spa, stylishly renovated rooms, free wifi, free parking and complimentary bicycles. Centrally located in downtown Friday Harbor, only 4 blocks from the Washington State Ferry. Also enjoy the many outdoor area attractions including kayaking, biking, hiking, and wildlife/whale tours. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and Agoda so you can book your Earthbox Inn & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Earthbox Motel And Spa
- Earthbox Hotel Friday Harbor
- Earthbox Motel Friday Harbor
- Earthbox Inn & Spa Friday Harbor, San Juan Island, WA