All reviews hot tub park like setting the managers lawn games picnic tables close to town would definitely stay here again fridge and microwave great place to stay room was clean and comfortable coffee maker third floor grounds are beautiful no elevator on san juan island enjoyed our stay upon check
Selected filters
Reviewed April 22, 2019

My wife and I spent 2 nights at the Discovery Inn. We would return in a heartbeat, without investigating other options. Quiet. Squeaky clean. The staff could not be more hospitable, and helpful. Great location: 15 minute walk into the city center of Friday Harbor. Charming, immaculate, and inviting park-like grounds benches, swings, tables, etc with yard games and yard toys. Highly recommended.

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
DiscoveryInnFH, Manager at Discovery Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you so much for your kind review. We are so happy that you enjoyed and were able to take advantage of all of our fun outdoor amenities. We will definitely be looking forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed April 8, 2019

This was our first stay and we were pleasantly impressed with the friendly owners and the quality of the room and amenities. We got great advice on what first time visitors should see on the island and great recommendations for local restaurants. The owners, Matt and River, were so friendly, thoughtful and easy to talk with and know the island so well. The whole experience was wonderful and relaxing. We highly recommend this top notch, high quality and affordable jewel on the island.

Date of stay: January 2019
DiscoveryInnFH, Owner at Discovery Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

We love that you had such a great stay and were impressed with our Inn. We try really hard to make everyone's stay on this beautiful island memorable, and we are so happy that the recommendations and our hotel provided you with a great first trip to the San Juan's! We will hope to see you again.

Reviewed April 7, 2019 via mobile

My 2nd stay with The Discovery Inn was so lovely and pleasant. The Inn is situated on a quiet corner just outside of downtown Friday Harbor. I walked on the ferry and arrived later in the evening. River informed me my room was ready with a light on and the heat keeping my room warm and cozy. My bed was clean and comfortable. I had a beautiful view from their 3rd floor of the greenery surrounding the hotel. The shower had nice hot water. Thank you for a great stay!

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled solo

Thank you for coming back to visit us again and for your wonderful review of the Inn. We are so pleased that you enjoyed so much here at the Discovery Inn and we will hope your travels will bring you back our way again!

Reviewed April 6, 2019

My husband and I had the most pleasant stay at Discovery Inn earlier this year. I just wanted to express my appreciation of the small details of comfort in our very spacious clean room. In the bathroom they have installed a night lite, making nocturnal visits so easy. I know that may be silly, but it made it feel like home. Also we never have to carry our bags to the room, the management are very conscientious of all their clients. We will always stay here when visiting the island.

Room tip: corner upper room is my favorite
Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for the kind words and we love that you appreciate the small details which we take pride in here at our hotel. We enjoyed your visit and we will look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed April 2, 2019

This place is really top notch. Well run with quality service. Great rooms. And quite a value. I really hardly ever write reviews. But these folks really earned my top o the hat. I've got a new place when I stay on island.

Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business

We are so happy to hear that you had a great stay here at our hotel and thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review. We will look forward to seeing you again!