Wow - this place was a pleasant surprise! We booked thru Clipper Vacations and paid a bit more than the other option. When I asked the booking agent the difference she mentioned that there was a lot more room here plus free breakfast so we said yes to Friday Harbor Suites. So glad we did! If you haven't been to Friday Harbor, the map looks like this is quite a bit further from town but it's a only a short block up from the other place and well worth it.
The thing that matters most to us is cleanliness and that was 5 star - not a speck anywhere. Next is that bed - it better be comfortable or there goes the vacation - again: perfect - not too firm, cushy enough to get a great night's sleep with nice linens and clean quiet room. And the room is truly a suite - kitchen w/ microwave, good sized fridge, decent counter space, sink, dishes and flatware and a counter top eating area with comfortable seating. Adjacent is a living room which opened onto a good-sized balcony with chairs and trees to look out on. In our case the living room had another queen bed and an excellent flat-screen TV. Bedroom has same TV and a full closet. There's a coat closet AND a hall closet with floor-to-ceiling shelving for storage if you stayed a week. Full-sized bathroom- spotless with good lighting, hair dryer and fan that actually works! (yes! :) Carpet was new and clean. Even the lobby decor and artwork was lovely along with the landscaping.
You will hear a few small planes landing at the airport nearby, mostly in the afternoon, none at night. It didn't bother us - in fact we liked seeing them from our room. It may be a bit quieter on the side away from the runway approach but the rooms are well insulated so shutting windows will be all that's needed if they bother you.
We walked down to town (Saturday Market was great) and with an armload of shopping the shuttle kindly took us back the 4 blocks altho we could have easily walked it. Car rental was just across the street. Breakfast had lots of choices including eggs,sausage and fresh fruit with pineapple that was very appreciated. The folks at the desk, driver and even breakfast attendant were nothing but gracious and helpful. We will definitely come back!
PS - don't miss the Mexican restaurant next door - great food, service and very generous margaritas!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A comfortable and friendly hotel in a quiet location just half a mile from the harbor - enjoy the unique architecture of a true island favorite. At Friday Harbor Suites you will have plenty of space to enjoy your scrupulously clean room with private patio and separate bedroom, plus a living room with a pull-out sofabed, and an eating area with refrigerator and microwave. A delicious hot breakfast buffet is complimentary, as is wifi, parking and on-demand shuttle service to the ferry, the airport, the harbor, shopping and local in-town restaurants. Ask the friendly front desk staff for suggestions for beautiful walking and sightseeing trails, and scenic drives that will take you around the island before returning to your beautiful private suite. Friday Harbor Suites isn't snooty - it simply offers the most comfortable and spacious rooms on San Juan Island. We now have a four bedroom 3 bath house available for rent on the property and it is a great way to save money if you are looking for multiple rooms at a great price ! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Priceline and Cancelon so you can book your Friday Harbor Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Friday Harbor
- Friday Harbor Best Western
- Friday Harbor Suites San Juan Island, WA