“I Got Sick!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Stopped by for a bite to eat after kayaking with my husband. His Fish and chips was under cooked and my burger was ok till about midnight (not fun). Service was ok. that doesn't mean I will be back

1  Thank HeyVic10

Reviewed September 12, 2013

We loved the happy hour on the patio with great views (we got seats right on the bar at the front edge of the patio overlooking the sidewalk & harbor. They have a discounted wine, beer, & appetizer menu for happy hour 4:00-6:00. It's a great spot to watch the ferry unload & to people watch. However, we weren't so thrilled with the dinner we had inside in the bar later that evening. Very slow service & average food. Do go there for happy hour, but find another place for dinner.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

Should have read the reviews before going but we were starving after a long day on Orcas and knew this was one of the few places still open. The were busy when I walked in so I expected a bit of a wait but figured I could place a to go order fairly quickly. Ended up waiting 20 minutes just to place the order. Right about that time the place started emptying out so thought that might be OK. Still took 50 minutes to get 2 bowls of pasta and 2 salads.
Another waitress apologized for the wait but mine never said anything. They had my stuff wrapped up under the heat lamp (salads included) so I asked about but she said they were still waiting for the 2nd pasta bowl!! Once I got things back to the room both dishes were cold and had to be reheated. My walk was less than 5 minutes so I know it wasn't that. To top it off, she got our order wrong.
I'm fairly certain we won't be going back here. The one cool thing is that part of the part is frozen so the idea is that your drink won't get warm. Great idea, but not sure if it worked very well.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

We went to Blue Water at brunch time because the Downrigger was closed from a fire. They serve breakfast until 2. I am a fan of chicken fried steak and the breakfast plate was very good with two eggs, homefries, a bisquit, and a steak covered with good gravy. The had a good variety of condiments and I liked the Tiger Chili sauce. My wife had the shrimp basket which was OK but not great--six shrimps and a lot of coated fries with good tartar sauce. Service was good and the view was excellent. The price was somewhat high but this is the San Juan Islands.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Food was terrible, they seem to think large portions overcomes lousy food. They should stick to a simple menu and do it well rather than try to have an eclectic menu with dishes done poorly. Unclean, slow inattentive service, and incorrect orders - don't waste your time and money here despite the convenient location.

1  Thank styaner