“Friday Night Dinner after arriving into town”

Cask and Schooner Public House & Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Located just off the waterfront in Friday Harbor, Cask & Schooner Public House & Restaurant is Friday Harbor's premiere maritime themed english pub offering distinctive rustic fare and well crafted libations.
Minnetonka, Minnesota
“Friday Night Dinner after arriving into town”
Reviewed July 30, 2014

Great place. We just arrived and the Cask was right next door to our hotel. Great fish stew and great lamb burger. Good beers on tap as well.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Brian B

Rice Lake, Wisconsin, United States
“Bangers & Mash delight”
Reviewed July 29, 2014

What an unexpected pleasure. We started our day trip to Friday Harbor to arrive for lunch, but had no plans where to eat. Cast & Schooner was a block away from the dock, so we gave it a try.

Our table had four entries and every one was excellent. Well done.

“Over-rated and Over-crowded”
Reviewed July 29, 2014

Over my 3-day stay on the island I made 3 tries to get a meal here but was only successful once. The first attempt was a Monday night about 8:45. The hostess said they didn't think they could seat us (2 people) before closing time and that they were out of several menu items anyway. On my second attempt, I tried to phone in a reservation but no one ever answered the phone. The restaurant is also NOT listed on Open Table so phoning or in-person requests are the only way to reserve. We wanted to eat here because it was highly recommended by a local summer resident. We were finally able to get a table in the lower dining room on our third night. Even then, the restaurant and pub were extremely busy and the overall impression I got was that we should feel lucky to be there. This restaurant is ideally located on the corner of Spring and Front Streets directly across from the docks so they do get alot of walk-ins and hungry tourists. I think, for that reason, they feel like they don't have to put forth as much effort as some of the other nearby restaurants when competing for business. Friday Harbor is small, but there were so many other equally good or better dining options available that I think I'll take a pass on this one next visit. It certainly didn't match up to the hype or my expectations. Too crowded, too noisy, too average.

Tucson, Arizona
“Exceptional Pub!”
Reviewed July 24, 2014

Wasn't expecting this! We were heading out on bicycle tour. Stopped for a beer and lunch. Fun waitress, fun atmosphere, really good food! I had the Chic Pea & Kale Sauté in an attempt to offset my unhealthy holiday eating trend. I was caught off guard by how yummy it tasted. The portion was huge so I took half back to my hotel and it was just as good on day two. The beer selection featured numerous local micro brews. There were four in our party and we all enjoyed our meals. The fish and chips were great also!

2 Thank PAM W
Bensenville, Illinois
“Fish and Chips”
Reviewed July 24, 2014

We had done the kayak tour through Seaquest on San Juan Island and the recommended we stopped at Cask and Schooner for dinner. Cask and Schooner allowed us to get food to go and eat on the ferry ride home, which is exactly what we did. We had stopped in with about 45 minutes until the ferry back to Anacortes left. It wasn't a lot of time but Cask and Schooner got us out in a hurry. Waitress came by we ordered our food and grabbed a drink. My wife and I both got the fish and chips and I will say it's the best fish and chips I've ever had. The fish was fresh and the breading was fantastic, tartar sauce was great too. They got us the food in about 10 minutes and we ran to the ferry terminal and just made it. It was a great meal and with the view on the ferry, it was a perfect setting. Would highly recommend Cask and Schooner.