“Good Food - Generous Portions”

Cask and Schooner Public House & Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Located just off the waterfront in Friday Harbor, Cask & Schooner Public House & Restaurant is Friday Harbor's premiere maritime themed english pub offering distinctive rustic fare and well crafted libations.
Olympia, WA
“Good Food - Generous Portions”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

We were there on a Thursday night and it was quite crowded with some people waiting for seating. We had mixed green and Caesar salads, and both were very large. French fries come with the potato peel - very good. We had the fish and chips - very good. They have some typical pub food, such as meat pies and bangers and mash. The service was a little slow in getting our food, but the wait person was attentive to our drinks.

• Visited September 2013

“Very impressed with the food”
Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

Highly recommended. Great beer, amazing food. I had the lamb burger, my wife had the clam chowder and grilled squid. Both meals were amazing.

• Visited September 2013
“Great ambience”
Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

This place really buzzes. It was full when we arrived and we had to wait for a table but it was worth It. The meal was excellent and the staff very friendly. Although the signature dishes are quite expensive there was a lot of choice and we could have had a much cheaper meal if we wanted to.

Visited September 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Best Fish & Chips”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

We ate here 3 times during our week long visit to Friday Harbor. The first night was after a very long day of travel. This much needed dinner did not disappoint! Both my husband and I had the Fish & Chips, and it was honestly the best one I've ever had. The fish is perfectly seasoned & crispy-not soggy at all. The order is huge too! Plenty to share, which is what we did on our second visit for a late lunch. They also have a great beer selection. The Mac and Jack's African Amber Ale was a favorite of the trip. I also tried their house made Ginger Ale, which had a unique flavor, and I had never seen anywhere else. On our last visit, I had one of their salads, which had house smoked chicken on it. It was so delicious, I ate every single bite. The atmosphere and decor are both great, a fun welcoming nautical theme that is not overdone or tacky in the least. Bottom line, I recommend! This place is consistently great.

• Visited August 2013
Seattle
“Decent”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Dinner and beers on a busy night and it was pretty decent-- better than expected given its location as a tourist stop. Service was good and the food was served hot. Middle-of-the-road pub fare with a seafood theme. I though the selection of beer on tap was lacking given all the great choices in Western WA.

• Visited August 2013