“Fabulous dinner and great music!!!”
Review of Rumor Mill - CLOSED

Rumor Mill
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Full service, family friendly restaurant with a lounge and a dance floor. We prepare all our food from scratch, nothing comes in prepared except for ketchup! We have vegetarian, gluten free and vegan options. Check our facebook page for live music updates and specials.
Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

Our first dinner out upon return to the Island and it was wonderful!!!Oysters were perfect, Greek Salad green and oh, so fresh...and the Halibut was prepared to a perfection.

The service was unhurried & casual without feeling neglected. The music was good 'big band swing' made up of locals... what a great Friday night!!

1  Thank Corkyboy52

Reviewed June 25, 2014

We discovered that the Rumor Mill had one of the tastiest, cheapest dinner options if you go during happy hour (which I believe is 4-6:30pm). It can be hard to find a dinner in Friday Harbor for less than $30/person, and it is surprisingly very difficult to find non-fried options! Rumor Mill provided us with both.

The atmosphere is laid back and they often have a band or musician playing. They have decent prices on alcohol during happy hour.

Over the course of two nights, we tried the kicked up caesar salad, lopez island clams, reuben sandwich, plain jane burger, and the wild salmon. We enjoyed everything, although the Caesar salad left a little to be desired. The wild salmon dish was unique but delicious.

We enjoyed the wait staff, and will eat here again when we return to the SJI.

1  Thank blackcattitude
Reviewed June 21, 2014

I ordered the veggie burger and the seasoned potatoes. I have to admit, being a vegetarian, I am a connoisseur of meatless burgers and I didn't particularly care for this one (though I appreciate that they had vegetarian options). It had a taste of something with an East Indian flare, a spice I can't quite put my finger on. Lots of veggies in it though and I have no doubt it was healthy at the very least. The potatoes had an excellent seasoning on them, but they were very underdone. I do not have a sophisticated palate, so I unfortunately lack the appreciation for artistic cooking that others who are more refined than I, would probably appreciate. The atmosphere was what won me over. They had a live band and a dance floor, a full gate bar, candle lit tables with carafes of water and excellent customer service. The music was wonderful, a local couple of guys that obviously jam together at events. So worth going to this place. I would definitely come again. It is a very romantic place, too. I would love to return on a date. I may not order the veggie burger again (even though I know that's just ME personally, I'm sure everyone loves them), but I would return to the Rumor Mill every year when I come to the island.

1  Thank Auntie B
Reviewed May 23, 2014

Excellent value for superior quality food, service and drinks. Lite Jazz band entertained for dinner and wasn't overpowering.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

went for happy hour, especially after reading all the good reviews. but we ended up having to leave, because the ventilation was so poor! i really don't like smelling all the frying food, and smoke while i eat! maybe some fans. Also, the bartender did not have any napkins at the bar, when we asked for some lemons...she handed them to me..like in the palm of my hand...not Cool!