Lowest prices for your stay
$179
No prepayment needed
Priceline
Skyscanner.com
$179
All reviews granola fresh fruit modern hotel perfect location walking distance common room little touches tea and coffee whale watching penthouse theo ferry amenities island deck oj sheets
Selected filters
Reviewed April 26, 2017 via mobile

My husband took me to The Island Inn at 123 west to explore San Juan Island for my birthday. Due to missing our ferry, our arrival time was really late, almost 1am. The front desk staff was very friendly and had no problem waiting for us to arrive to make sure we got situated comfortably.

We stayed in suite 5, and our dogs loved it! There were 2 large dog beds, 2 sets of food/water bowls, dog treats etc. my husband informed me it was hard to find a place that accommodates dogs, so this was a huge plus for us!

The room was spacious, clean and we loved all the natural light beaming in from the wall of windows. We also loved the fresh fruit and granola.

What was really special to me, was the staff left a birthday surprise for when we came back to our room. A cute card signed by their team, a bar or chocolate, fresh flowers, and a cute little music box. Talk about going above and beyond, I felt very special!

I definitely recommend staying here, the location is perfect for the ferry and walking distance from plenty of shops, restaurants and the farmers market.

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
123Innkeeper, Guest Relations Manager at The Island Inn at 123 West, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2017

Hello MacKenzie K,

We love birthdays, puppies, and crafting exceptional guest experiences! We’re flattered that your husband chose us for your birthday getaway and are thrilled that you all loved your visit with us off the coast of ordinary.

As you’ve noted, our entire team is dedicated to doing all that they can to make certain that our guests’ experiences are as enjoyable as possible – even if that means burning the midnight oil!

Sweet 5 is an awesome spot and one of our favorite puppy friendly accommodations. We’re delighted that you appreciated our ‘Puppy Pass’ amenities as well as your surprise birthday goodies.

We thank you for your recommendation as well as all of your kind comments and can’t wait to welcome you back!

The Island Inn ‘above and beyond’ Ambassadors

Reviewed April 11, 2017 via mobile

This was our first time on San Juan Island and the Island Inn was a perfect home base for all of our exploring. It's located right off the ferry terminal, close to restaurants and activities, and reasonably priced.

Staff were very welcoming and friendly and it's nice to have a reserved parking spot so if you're driving to the island I would strongly recommend calling ahead and securing a parking spot in their garage.

We stayed in one of the Euro rooms and even though they say they don't have windows, ours had frosted glass and a small window by the door which made it feel more open. The room was nicely furnished and the Euro View Share room was empty throughout our stay so we enjoyed some time in there as well. It's hard to beat the location of the Inn for its proximity to the water and other areas in Friday Harbor.

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
123Innkeeper, Guest Relations Manager at The Island Inn at 123 West, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2017

Hello sloth790,

Thanks so much for your visit and for taking the time to share your experience with us! We’re flattered that you found us to be the ‘perfect’ home base for your first San Juan Island exploration!

We also appreciate your kind words for our team and are delighted that you found your Euro guestroom to feel more open than you had anticipated. While we do market our Euros as small no-view sleeping rooms with access to a shared living space, Euro 1 does offer an outside window to let the fresh Island air INN and sneak a peak of the ferry.

Your tip regarding parking is also spot-on. We have fewer garage parking spaces than we do guestrooms so it’s important to reserve a spot before arrival. Of course, our location right INN the middle of Friday Harbor makes walking and bicycling on the ferry a breeze as well.

We look forward to your next visit!

The Island Inn ‘welcoming and friendly’ Ambassadors

Reviewed March 4, 2017 via mobile

This is a really great place. The room I had was huge and comfortable. A full size coffee machine with coffee as well as fruit, granola, milk and juice were all left for breakfast and re-filled daily. I also appreciated the quality soap and shampoo. The bed was super comfortable as well.
The location is fantastic if you want to be in town, less than a quarter mile from the ferry. There are numerous restaurants all within a minute's walking distance. Just be certain of your dates before booking.
The biggest drawback for me is their reservation policy.To be fair it is clearly stated on the reservations page, however I think charging a $50.00 fee for canceling a reservation well in advance is ridiculous. They already charge a portion of the reservation upon booking which isn't unusual for the island, but the $50 fee is simply unnecessary. I had to cancel a reservation. Though I was hoping to move the reservation they were booked. I was calling 7 weeks in advance. The agent was very kind and respectful and when I objected to the fee she arranged for it to be cancelled so I was not charged the $50. And I'm sure this was an exception. I truly don't see the purpose. I travel extensively and I never encounter this. I really would like to stay here again, I am on island frequently, but there are times I may need to re-schedule, the $50 cancellation fee means I'll likely avoid booking here. Too bad, because it's a great place that would otherwise be my first choice.

Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank BijouxButtercup
123Innkeeper, Guest Relations Manager at The Island Inn at 123 West, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2017

Hello BijouxButtercup,

We sincerely appreciate your visit and are happy to hear that you enjoyed a great experience with us!

Our team loves customizing exceptional experiences ‘off the coast of ordinary’ so we’re delighted that you enjoyed our location, welcome goodies, real coffee maker, amazing bath amenities, and luxurious bedding!

That said, we’re disappointed that you found our booking policies discouraging. Rest assured that everything we do is designed to enhance our guests’ experience.

As you experienced, we enjoy big demand for our small room inventory so we do ask for an advance deposit to confirm all reservations. Unlike other hotels who will only reserve a generic room type for you, we reserve the specific accommodation that you choose. We hope that our advance deposit requirements don’t discourage you from returning.

As you’ve also noted, we’re transparent about our cancellation fees. We offer our best price right up front and make it ‘semi-flexible’ so there’s only a fee if a guest cancels a confirmed booking. We’re happy to accommodate date change requests based on availability without a fee so long as the request is outside of any applicable notice period.

Other hotels aren’t transparent. They usually offer two different rate types: a ‘flexible’ rate, and a ‘non-refundable’ rate. Their ‘flexible rate’ is usually $30 - $50 higher than the ‘non-refundable’ option so you’re forced to pay a hefty premium to have the option to cancel on short notice without a separate fee being assessed. If you book their non-refundable rate just to get their best price, you risk everything as the entire cost of your stay is prepaid and, as the name implies, non-refundable. Yikes.

We give you the great rate that other hotels would call ‘non-refundable’ right up front and won’t make you pay more per night for a ‘flexible rate’ so that we can disguise our fees.

We sure hope that this helps alleviate some of your concern. We look forward to welcoming you back and encourage you to ring or write if we may provide any additional insight!

The Island Inn ‘really great place’ Ambassadors

Reviewed February 15, 2017 via mobile

Absolutely perfect. My stay was flawless, staff was more than helpful and friendly! I'll stay there again very soon. A great getaway for the couple or solo. Friday Harbor is a dream. Visiting the west side of the island was beautiful as well.

Trip type: Traveled solo
123Innkeeper, Guest Relations Manager at The Island Inn at 123 West, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2017

Hello Laurie A,

We’re humbled to hear that you enjoyed a ‘flawless’ and ‘amazing’ experience with us!

We appreciate your visit as well as your flattering comments and look forward to welcoming you back!

The Island Inn ‘great getaway’ Ambassadors

Reviewed February 12, 2017

My original stay at this lovely boutique inn was in January 2016, for which I gave it 5 stars (see my March 2016 review). I am giving it 5 stars again because it turned out to be as excellent as the first time. I stayed in the same well-appointed penthouse (#5), partly because of the view and partly because of the convenience of being able to park outside the door, unload everything easily, and not have to navigate the very steep stairs with your luggage and stuff.
This time, the staff went above and beyond what is considered good customer service. The Island was hit with snow at various times during my 4 day stay. The accumulation was never very much (3-5" each time) but some of the streets you have to navigate to get anywhere are very steep, in particular the one that goes down to the garage.
The staff shoveled snow from my front door to the street multiple times during my stay, and 3 times on Wednesday, when it snowed for 6+ hours. Just after I arrived, when it snowed for the first time, the manager offered to have someone pick up groceries for me, which I declined, but I thought the offer was wonderful.
The amenities are still great, there is a small bowl of fruit that keeps being replenished, plenty of coffee and tea, and most of the cooking paraphernalia that you need.
There are only 2 small negatives. One is the sectionals, which are very low (especially for a tall person like me) and the backs move, so you don't have a lot of support. I sat on it once, and then never again. The other very small negative is the photos that showed where everything was in the kitchen cabinets were no longer available. The photos saved a lot of opening and closing cabinet doors, looking for the right utensil, pot, etc.
All in all, in spite of the snow, I enjoyed myself very much.

Room tip: Penthouse 5 is the best choice because you can pull your car up to the front door & unload very easily.
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
123Innkeeper, Guest Relations Manager at The Island Inn at 123 West, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2017

Hello again jeanneo45,

We’re flattered by your repeat visit and are thrilled that you enjoyed another experience with us off the coast of ordinary despite the unusually snowy circumstances!

Penthouse 5 is a really cozy space and your room tip is spot on. Guests with a vehicle who book Penthouse 5 and opt for street parking instead of our garage parking will enjoy easy accommodation access with no need to navigate our famous stairs!

We also value the additional insight that you shared to help maintain our own high standards. Our team will make certain that we’ve got our ‘Kitchen Gadget Guide’ available in all of our penthouses. Also, while the sofa design allows for an easy transition to a comfortable sleeping surface, we’ll do our best to enhance our sofa-sitting experience as well.

Thanks again for your return visit and for taking the time to share your experience. We’ll do all that we can to make your next visit even more enjoyable!

The Island Inn ‘as excellent as the first time’ Ambassadors