Lowest prices for your stay
No prepayment needed
Skyscanner.com
Priceline
$179
All reviews granola fresh fruit modern hotel perfect location walking distance common room little touches tea and coffee whale watching penthouse theo ferry amenities island deck oj sheets
Selected filters
Reviewed February 12, 2017

My original stay at this lovely boutique inn was in January 2016, for which I gave it 5 stars (see my March 2016 review). I am giving it 5 stars again because it turned out to be as excellent as the first time. I stayed in the same well-appointed penthouse (#5), partly because of the view and partly because of the convenience of being able to park outside the door, unload everything easily, and not have to navigate the very steep stairs with your luggage and stuff.
This time, the staff went above and beyond what is considered good customer service. The Island was hit with snow at various times during my 4 day stay. The accumulation was never very much (3-5" each time) but some of the streets you have to navigate to get anywhere are very steep, in particular the one that goes down to the garage.
The staff shoveled snow from my front door to the street multiple times during my stay, and 3 times on Wednesday, when it snowed for 6+ hours. Just after I arrived, when it snowed for the first time, the manager offered to have someone pick up groceries for me, which I declined, but I thought the offer was wonderful.
The amenities are still great, there is a small bowl of fruit that keeps being replenished, plenty of coffee and tea, and most of the cooking paraphernalia that you need.
There are only 2 small negatives. One is the sectionals, which are very low (especially for a tall person like me) and the backs move, so you don't have a lot of support. I sat on it once, and then never again. The other very small negative is the photos that showed where everything was in the kitchen cabinets were no longer available. The photos saved a lot of opening and closing cabinet doors, looking for the right utensil, pot, etc.
All in all, in spite of the snow, I enjoyed myself very much.

Room tip: Penthouse 5 is the best choice because you can pull your car up to the front door & unload very easily.
Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
123Innkeeper, Guest Relations Manager at The Island Inn at 123 West, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2017

Hello again jeanneo45,

We’re flattered by your repeat visit and are thrilled that you enjoyed another experience with us off the coast of ordinary despite the unusually snowy circumstances!

Penthouse 5 is a really cozy space and your room tip is spot on. Guests with a vehicle who book Penthouse 5 and opt for street parking instead of our garage parking will enjoy easy accommodation access with no need to navigate our famous stairs!

We also value the additional insight that you shared to help maintain our own high standards. Our team will make certain that we’ve got our ‘Kitchen Gadget Guide’ available in all of our penthouses. Also, while the sofa design allows for an easy transition to a comfortable sleeping surface, we’ll do our best to enhance our sofa-sitting experience as well.

Thanks again for your return visit and for taking the time to share your experience. We’ll do all that we can to make your next visit even more enjoyable!

The Island Inn ‘as excellent as the first time’ Ambassadors

Reviewed February 7, 2017

This is just such a great hotel! We walked off the ferry and up about a block into the hotel. It's so close! They have a very welcoming staff. We booked Euro 4 and it was so much bigger than I expected. Very comfortable King bed. They had fruit, coffee and granola, as well as milk and orange juice in the fridge for our breakfast. The common room for the Euros is very large with a fireplace and spectacular view. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone!

Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
123Innkeeper, Guest Relations Manager at The Island Inn at 123 West, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2017

Hello TB2277,

We’re thrilled that you enjoyed a great experience with us and are particularly pleased that you appreciated our location and our welcoming team!

Euro 4 is a really cozy spot and, while there is no view from the room itself, as you’ve noted, guests of our Euros do enjoy access to our ‘View Share’ space which is perfect for soaking INN the active harbor.

We appreciate your visit as well as your recommendation and can’t wait to welcome you back!

The Island Inn ‘Fantastic place’ Ambassadors

Reviewed January 19, 2017 via mobile

Within an hour of our arrival I was planning my return visit to The Island Inn because I knew one weekend was not going to be enough. I emailed friends inviting them to join me, sending photos from the roof deck on a beautifully sunny afternoon. It's rare to find a place that everyone in my family enjoys, but this is it. We had a beautifully furnished two-bedroom Penthouse apartment, so everyone could spread out comfortably. The kitchen is a real kitchen, perfectly stocked, so breakfasts and dinners were easy to prepare. By the next morning I was hoping they might have an ownership option so we could just take it over. Everything in town is a quick walk away, including the ferry. In warmer weather I can imagine coming across as a walk aboard or bringing bikes to tour the island, leaving the car behind. Being dog-friendly is another big plus for us.

What a luxury to unwind in such beautifully designed spaces. We rarely heard or saw other guests and when we did it felt very neighborly, not an imposition as it can be in many hotels. By the end of our stay I was pretending that we did live there and would be returning the next weekend. My hard-to-please husband agreed it was a rare find and he would be glad to return frequently. For guests who want easy access to Friday Harbor, enough room for friends or relatives, and true comfort, this is it.

Date of stay: January 2017
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank LoladeTiburon
123Innkeeper, Guest Relations Manager at The Island Inn at 123 West, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2017

Hello LoladeTiburon,

We completely agree – one weekend INN a Penthouse off the coast of ordinary is never enough! We’re flattered by your kind comments and are ecstatic that our hotel exceeded the high expectations of your entire family – puppy INNcluded!

You’ve described the precise experience that our team strives to craft and, based on the neighborly interactions that you enjoyed, it seems all of our guests were truly going with the slow.

We sincerely appreciate your visit as well as the time that you’ve taken to share such a generous post. We look forward to welcoming you back – how does your calendar look for next week?!

The Island Inn ‘Move Inn’ Ambassadors

Reviewed January 17, 2017

We loved our winter overnight stay in this stylish, modern, dog-friendly inn. Clean and lots of nice touches. Perfect location—we were able to walk anywhere "downtown" and explore the island. What a great find!

Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank Daydream802754
123Innkeeper, Guest Relations Manager at The Island Inn at 123 West, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2017

Hello *_Karen_AD_*,

Thank you!

We appreciate your visit as well as your kind remarks. We’re delighted that you loved your winter getaway INN one of our three puppy-friendly digs and can’t wait to welcome you back!

The Island Inn ‘great find’ Ambassadors

Reviewed January 10, 2017 via mobile

Right at the base of Friday Harbor, this cute Inn does a great job of making this small island have an upscale place to relax.

We stayed in the smallest room, but it had a great common room with views of the bay. We ate our breakfast in peace there every morning.

The inn provided a nice fruit and granola breakfast setup we prepared ourselves, along with fresh milk, oj, and coffee.

It's central location allowed easy access to the restaurants nearby.

Would certainly stay there again.

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
123Innkeeper, Guest Relations Manager at The Island Inn at 123 West, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2017

Hello Scott C,

Thanks so much for your visit and for taking the time to share such kind remarks regarding your recent experience with us. As you’ve noted, even our smallest room offers a BIG experience!

We’re delighted that you enjoyed upscale relaxation at our Inn and can’t wait until your next visit!

The Island Inn ‘Modern Chic’ Ambassadors