“Wow, wow, wow!”

The Island Inn at 123 West
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Friday Harbor
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed April 22, 2014

Great, great place. Perfect location. Upon checking in, we were brought to our "penthouse" by a staff member. He showed us around the apartment and explained different things. We were able to ask him many questions about the area and he offered to book us on a whale watching tour the next day. He had us booked within minutes of leaving our room. Our penthouse was immaculate and so comfortable with a fireplace, full kitchen (with some free goodies), and an upstairs bedroom with a great view of the harbor. The price was more than we usually spend on a vacation rental but truly, worth every penny.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
123Innkeeper, Guest Relations Manager at The Island Inn at 123 West, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2014

Hello MTcheesehead,

Wow! Thanks very much for selecting us and for taking the time to share your experience. Our Experience Ambassadors do personally guide every guest, every time to every room and, as you noted, do everything possible to make sure your needs are met quickly and completely. We’re flattered by your kind words and thrilled that you thoroughly enjoyed your experience with us in Penthouse 1!

The Island Inn ‘worth every penny’ Ambassadors

Reviewed April 8, 2014

My son(17) and I were just planning a day trip on a ferry ride to get away on my last day of my spring break before I start up college again, but decided to stay on the Island and were looking for a hotel to stay at as soon as we called, the ladies were sparkly and friendly!! more than helpful with directions even came outside to wave at us coming in ,as soon as we arrived it was truly a personal kind, good awesome feeling like they knew us and were welcoming us into our home! the ladies, went out of their way making sure we had all of our welcoming treats, fruits,coffee,room tips, wow- It was just what I needed,work so hard at school and a single parent, and these ladies made us feel like family. The hotel on top of having the best service is absolutely beautiful, completely modern, the beds are so comfortable, unbelievable.... so many goodies that came with,everything was stocked with extra towels -tp-tissues, hair dryer,, so much yummy island coffee,homemade granola,milk,juice ,all complimentary,,the soaps and lotions,, were so nice from Italy I think and smelled so good!!, I must have washed my hands a million times just for the smell....,,,I do a lot of traveling couple different countries, around the world and I hope this owner realizes how very,very special and above and beyond their hotel is. Her place is the best I have ever been too and it is outstanding and my son and I felt so,very pampered being here. THANK YOU guys!!!!! Gretl Blickenstaff

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
123Innkeeper, Guest Relations Manager at The Island Inn at 123 West, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2014

Hello happycamper3337777,

We’re so glad that we were able to transform your day trip INNto an unforgettable experience! We do everything we can to help you feel right at home and are thrilled that everyone you met along the way gave you that good awesome feeling. Of course, we’re also happy that you dug INN to our ‘on the house’ goodies, enjoyed our amenities and took the time to share your experience with us here.

We can’t wait to welcome you back!

The Island Inn ‘outstanding’ Ambassadors

Reviewed March 17, 2014

Hip and modern feel. Excellent service. Ideal location close to everything and a view over the water made it the perfect get-away place. Staff was very helpful and we were able to park indoors which was great!

Room Tip: We stayed in Sweet 2 and loved it
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
123Innkeeper, Guest Relations Manager at The Island Inn at 123 West, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

Hello nskaye,

Thanks very much for choosing us and for sharing your experience! We’re delighted that you enjoyed our location, views and style. We look forward to welcoming you back!

The Island Inn ‘Excellent Service’ Ambassadors

Reviewed March 10, 2014

My husband and I planned a short, over night get away to Friday Harbor.As I was looking on line I found a ton of B&B's. I then, after looking at many picture's, found that we are not really B&B people. I then found Island Inn at 123 West and the first thing that got me was how modern and new it was. Then I saw that it was a Green Inn and that sealed the deal.
We stayed in Sweet #2, and WOW, what a view. The room was modern, but still homey and warm.The staff make you feel like you have been there a million times and your are back "home" for another visit. I would highly recommend this Island Inn to anyone going to Friday Harbor.

Thanks again for the great stay.
The Wright's

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sleewright
123Innkeeper, Guest Relations Manager at The Island Inn at 123 West, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2014

Hello sleewright,

We’re ecstatic that you found us and that we measured up to your high expectations. We do our best to be as green as it gets from cleaning products to coffee and are flattered that you appreciate all of the extra efforts we make. We can’t wait to welcome you back and promise to stay authentic and committed to making your next experience even better!

The Island Inn ‘Wonderful!’ Ambassadors

Reviewed February 21, 2014

I had an evening to spend in Friday Harbor on a weeknight for work. Even with the offseason I was finding the rates a bit daunting for what you get. Thankfully I checked Trip Advisor and found this wonderful hotel. It's location is about as perfect as can be in Friday Harbor, with top notch views of the harbor area and walking distance to all downtown shops and restaurants. The off-season rate was also lower than most every other property in town as well. This property began life as high-end condos, but the owner changed course and turned it into a Euro-style hotel. Humor is used liberally throughout the property, from the pool depth markings in the bathroom to the cheeky Do Not Disturb door hangers. The room was clean, modern and well appointed, but a tad small. However, the size is countered with a HUGE, modern shared living space with 3 other rooms, with floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking the harbor, kitchen area, couches, fireplace and high top working tables. There is also a small secured garage to park in as well, should you have a vehicle. With it being the off-season, I essentially had the entire property to myself. It was probably one of my top lodging experiences in all my time travelling for work. I cannot recommend this place enough, and I will definitely be returning.

Room Tip: Not sure there is a bad room, to be honest.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank spokanedavid2002
123Innkeeper, Guest Relations Manager at The Island Inn at 123 West, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2014

Hello spokanedavid2002,

We can’t thank you enough! We’re glad you found us and appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us here. As you’ve identified – we love what we do and have fun doing it! We’re also thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our ‘easy season’ value and your Euro’s connectivity to the shared space. We sure hope to see you again real soon… even if it is for work!

The Island Inn ‘top lodging experiences’ Ambassadors

Reviewed February 19, 2014

After walking off the ferry and into the lobby at the Inn, you are immediately at home. Due to the ferries being off schedule we called ahead to let them know we would be late. Of course, we were told no problem and Misty was kind enough to meet us even though it was after 10pm. Sweet 5 was beyond spectacular, two amazing beds, a sitting area and mini kitchen and dining area. The best feature was the private patio, dog bed and treats for our dog. They also stock the mini kitchen with coffee, tea, hot chocolate and have orange juice and milk in the fridge for the morning. The staff goes above and beyond with any request you have and the Inn is walking distance to all the restaurants, shopping and sites in Friday Harbor. Prices are very reasonable and be sure to like them on Facebook as they often have great specials. Truly the ONLY place to stay on the Island!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
123Innkeeper, Guest Relations Manager at The Island Inn at 123 West, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2014

Hello again Samantha30312,

We continued to be flattered by your visits and kind words and are nearly speechless! As always, we’re excited to welcome guests regardless of the hour and love to welcome puppies to our puppy friendly digs, too! We look forward to welcoming you back ‘home’ soon and promise to keep getting even better!

All the best,

The Island Inn ‘ONLY place to stay’ Ambassadors!

Reviewed January 29, 2014

The experience was fantastic, from booking to check-out. Their web site allows you to not just reserve a space but the specific room you want. I wish this was an industry norm. I booked a package that included Suite 2, the ferry fare, and a reserved parking place. Upon arrival, my name was on a parking spot and we were greeted in the garage by a member of the staff that took our bags from the car to our room while we checked in. An advantage to traveling off season...a complementary upgrade to Penthouse 5! It had the feel of a one bedroom condo with a steam shower, heated bathroom floors, fantastic amenities, a fully stocked kitchen, and fabulous views of Friday Harbor.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Parke_Chris
123Innkeeper, Guest Relations Manager at The Island Inn at 123 West, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2014

Hello Parke_Chris,

Wow! Thanks very much for choosing us for your slow season getaway and for taking the time to write all about it. We’re thrilled that you enjoyed all of our special touches. We only upgrade when we can, if we can and are glad that you appreciated the additional elbow room! We look forward to welcoming you back!

The Island Inn ‘Wow!’ Ambassadors

#9 of 11 in Friday Harbor
Edenwild Boutique Inn
Edenwild Boutique Inn
#1 of 2 in Lopez Island

Been to The Island Inn at 123 West? Share your experiences!