I've been meaning to write this review for months - stumbled across the Island Inn at 123 West on some website and it looked so awesome that we booked a trip to Friday Harbor just to stay there over Labor Day weekend last fall (I confess I'd never heard of the San Juan Islands before, not having spent any time in the Pacific Northwest). What a great choice. This was like having our own loft apartment for the weekend (I understand the property was originally developed as lofts for sale but repurposed when the economic downturn hit). We were able to cook our own meals and we loved all the space we had to spread out and lounge around. We had lovely corner views of Friday Harbor and our own private rooftop terrace area where we sat and watched the sunset over dinner and then watched the sunrise the next morning. Staff were welcoming and helpful when we checked in and had questions during the stay, but not at all intrusive. They're there if you need them but we were happy to do our own thing.
The Island Inn has some clever branding including the phrase, "Ready... Set... Relax" and that's exactly what we did here. I'm just sorry that Friday Harbor isn't an easy getaway for us from Chicago because I'd be here frequently if we lived in Seattle.
Also, the steam shower and the high end shampoo and conditioner they provide were heavenly. I've been using that brand at home ever since, although it turns out that the Island Inn steam shower was the real secret to how great my hair looked and felt that weekend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ready, set, slow™ Our boutique hotel is the closest to the ferry and harbor, yet so far away from ordinary. The right pace at the right time; The Island Inn at 123 West is brand spanking new and as green as it gets. Dress us up or dress us down. You'll dig our contemporary style that nods to maritime gone by. Penthouses are fun for families, groups and splurges; Euros are best if you roll with less and Sweets are just like they sound. Make a splash in a floatplane, slip in on the ferry or chart your own course. Get here and go with the slow. Kick things up and paddle a sea kayak with our resident orcas, tool around the island on bicycle, stroll through quaint seaside shops and restaurants or just recombobulate. For your family: Relatives rejoice; hosting a family reunion at the Island Inn at 123 West is uber easy - we're Goldilocks approved. For your wedding: We vow to: bend over backwards for you and your guests; do our top secret rain dance on your special day; promise not to cry only if you don't. For your meeting: Ditch distraction and export your executives to the world's best spot to plan tomorrow's future.For your piggy bank: We're a partner of Stash Hotel rewards. That means you'll earn and redeem points at swanky places like the Island Inn and over 150 locations across the country. Reap while you sleep. Go with a different kind of Friday Harbor Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your The Island Inn at 123 West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Island Inn At 123 West Hotel Friday Harbor
- The Island Inn At 123 West Friday Harbor, San Juan Island, WA