Open today: 10:00 AM - 5:30 PM
Review Highlights
Great Bioluminescent Night Kayak tour!

The kayaks were very comfortable and maneuverable, and the tour was great. We saw many millions of... read more

Reviewed September 23, 2020
Holly P
Ellensburg, Washington
Great experience

The bioluminescence was amazing. Just as advertised. The guides (Kelly and Adam) were well informed... read more

Reviewed September 16, 2020
lesliee444

All reviews bioluminescence tour kayak trip bike rental half day tour great guide san juan island bald eagles smallpox bay west side e bikes harbor seals dry bags flora and fauna jones island launch site small group private tour
Selected filters
Reviewed August 10, 2013

We experienced a wonderful Kayaking trip with Discovery and our guide Donnell was the best. The two of us were given exclusive attention by him and although the Orca's were not around, the sunset was spectacular from the water. The equipment was good and the Sea Kayak was extremely stable in the water.

Date of experience: August 2013
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Did a half day kayak trip with Jason as guide. Would recommend the whole operation, from the information in the store, equipment used, guide knowledge. All round a terrific way to see some more of Suan Juan Island with a company that seemed to put a quality experience first.

Date of experience: August 2013
Reviewed August 9, 2013

My husband is an avid kayaker and I try to keep up. Fortunately for me, the only kayaks we were allowed to rent were doubles which I liked. The downside was that they are heavy and do take more effort which gives me a much greater appreciation of my single kayak. All of the people at Discovery were great. I always felt safe, in spite of the strong current and though there were no whale sightings the day we went, we did see seals and various sealife along the cliffs.

Date of experience: July 2013
1  Thank Dbrown2013
Reviewed August 1, 2013

My gf and I did a bio-luminescence tour at night then a full day tour the next. Our guide, jason, was extreley knowledgeable about all natural aspects and history of almoat everything we asked. It was s slow orca season so we didn't see any of those but I still learned so much about the islands and other wildlife during the trips. The bio-luminescence tour was a very special trip that is something so unexpected and cool. Highly recommended!

Date of experience: July 2013
1  Thank jason k
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I went on a 5 day kayak trip circumnavigating Orcas with some friends from work. This was my first multiday kayak trip ever, and I had an absolute blast.

Highlights:
* Great views and variety since you island hop as you circumnavigate Orcas
* Plenty of wildlife. I saw a gazillion bald eagles and plenty of seals and otters and porpoises and what not. We even got to see a bald eagle attacking an osprey, that was super neat!
* Sunset paddle. Sunset on the water is so pretty.
* Food. Surprised at this one, right? Turns out that they make amazing camp food (ceviche, salmon steaks, gourmet cheeses, pasta, etc). Props to our amazing guide Nate!
* Awesome guide. He was fun to chat with and pointed out tons of wildlife and adjusted the itinerary based on our fitness and the current weather conditions. He's also surprisingly good at board games.

Date of experience: June 2013