“Fish Tacos”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed June 4, 2014

We loved the fish tacos at this place and the salsa is some of the best we've ever had. Get the fish tacos, you won't regret it.

Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

Pretentious menu should have been warning to leave but we trusted TripAdvisor. Worst refried beans and spanish rice I have ever tasted bland and lacking flavor. Chicken burrito also so dry and bland never tasted a burrito like this. AVOID. My dining partners meal equally bad he felt same about place as I did.

1  Thank WynsWrld98
Reviewed May 29, 2014

As close to Mexican food as you can get north of the boarder! Everything is fresh and big portions, worth the wait if there's a waiting line!

Reviewed April 3, 2014

You CANNOT go to Friday Harbor and bypass this restaurant! They have (by far!) the best Mexican food we have ever tasted. And don't get me started on the margaritas! Nothing short of a work of art - absolute perfection! We always get the veggie burrito - we split it - and still take home enough for a lite lunch the next day. The portions are huge! The veggies taste like they were harvested a couple of hours ago, and the rice and beans are wonderful too. The salsa is also amazing (you can buy it in local stores on the island too) - add the yummy chips and a margarita, and you want to almost have that for your meal. We love-love-love this place. I would give it more than 5 stars if I could. Keep up the great work guys! We take our boat from Anacortes (a 3 hour cruise) just to go here! Incredible!

1  Thank Alohagirl1017
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Interesting place: Funky-chic decor, electronica lounge music, innovative menu, some VERY tasty food, wonderful salsa served with the chips, and a salsa bar is always a plus! Our waitress was top-notch - helpful, friendly, never left us wanting for anything! So why only 3 stars you ask? Because the menu, while innovative, was somewhat limited, and the prices are quite high. Our $7 margaritas came in cute, but tiny, 3 or 4 oz glasses. I understand that the ingredients are not your run-of-the-mill ground beef or shredded chicken but at $17-$18 for a couple of tacos or enchiladas, but please don't tell me there's an up-charge for getting a salad instead of the rice AND beans due to the lettuce being local/organic (?). I regularly ask to have the carbs removed and double up on the veggies and it's never a problem. I do this for medical reasons and don't like being charged extra to eat healthy. The pork in the stew had not been trimmed well, which I really should know to expect by now in restaurant stews. And we all got brussel sprouts with our dinners. Brussel sprouts are neither Mexican nor innovative, and they are certainly not popular. Only one out of 4 of us them. I know I sound like a whiner, but if you read my other reviews, you'll find I'm usually a pretty happy diner.

1  Thank FogboundFergus