“Fantastic Pizza”
Review of Bakery San Juan

Bakery San Juan
Ranked #1 of 2 Bakeries in Friday Harbor
Description: Loved by locals and visitors alike, we opened our doors in 2008 and have been a Friday Harbor favorite ever since. Indulge your sweet tooth with our fresh pastries, cookies and fine cakes, or treat yourself to a satisfying sandwich or slice of artisan, thin crust pizza. We use wild yeast in the majority of our breads and pizza dough, so you can be sure your baked good is full of flavor, texture and deliciousness. Visit our website for full menus. We are a small business so please call the bakery for whole pizza orders.
Friday Harbor
“Fantastic Pizza”
Reviewed April 25, 2012

I think the best on the island but their choices for bakery goods for the morning are not so impressive

Visited February 2012

Auburn, Washington
“European style pastries, outstanding pizza”
Reviewed January 30, 2012

While having a fantastic dinner at Downriggers, our wonderful server Mary Ann told us about the San Juan Bakery located on the north end of the airport runway. We had a few minutes to make a quick stop before our ferry departed back to Anacortes. The breads all looked wonderful and the bakery sweets reminded me of what I could get at a european bakery. I bought two slices of pizza (which ended up being 4 slices because they are huge!). The dough was very well made, the perfect thickness. The toppings were sausage and herbs and some fresh greens with cheese and tomato and olives. We ate the pizza while waiting for the ferry. My wife told me to run back to get an entire pizza! I was too full to run, otherwise I would have- the pizza was that good.

If you are looking for a classic european style bakery, stop by the San Juan Bakery, you will be very pleased.

• Visited January 2012
Brevard, North Carolina
“Pizza!”
Reviewed December 20, 2011

This bakery has really good bread and great pizza. Some interesting combos on the pizza, but very good. We happened upon the farmer's market and they had a table there too. Pizza for breakfast? of course! I have not tried any of the sweeter items, so cannot give a review on that.

Visited October 2011
Shasta, California
“Excellent Pizza and Bread”
Reviewed October 26, 2011

I didn’t go to the bakery but they came to the Saturday Market in downtown Friday Harbor. Pizzas were amazing: varied interesting toppings, light & chewy crusts. The potato & goat cheese was different and very tasty, and the mushroom pizza was mixed mushrooms and herbs, not your regular tomato-y kind. It was piled high and was just delicious - my absolute favorite. Large slices I believe were around $5.00, and worth it. Also bought a loaf of multigrain bread which was just the best thing with soup we had for dinner. Wish I'd been there longer to try their pastries & sandwiches. And BTW:it's Bakery San Juan.

• Visited October 2011