“Lucky us!”

Sea Quest Expeditions
Ranked #11 of 27 Tours in Friday Harbor
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Our Goal is Simple: We Want You to Have the Best Sea Kayaking Tour of Your Life! Join us for a kayak adventure that offers the full range from energized fun to calm serenity. Our guides skillfully hand-craft every Sea Quest Kayak Expedition into a custom learning experience - one that will surely enhance your appreciation of our natural environment. Our kayak tours are mainly led by actual biologists and environmental scientists who double as highly-trained outdoor educators and sea kayak guides. This level of excellence distinguishes us from other outfitters and transforms your experience into an adventure in learning.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed June 2, 2014

My husband and I went on a 2 day kayak trip May 31-June 1 2014. We were extremely lucky and saw many orcas both days, which is obviously not guaranteed. We appreciated SQEs commitment to following the marine life rules to a T- we were able to watch and be amazed by the animals without impacting their wild lives. If you are looking for an environmentally mindful and responsible group, definitely stick with them. And ask for Tim! He was a great leader and kept our group of 9 completely together on the water and at camp. The trip was a splurge for us, and we are so happy to have gone.

1  Thank Kathryn B
"great guide"
in 20 reviews
"camping trip"
in 14 reviews
"answered all of our questions"
in 5 reviews
in 7 reviews
"stuart island"
in 11 reviews

Reviewed May 24, 2014

Sam and Eric gave us very friendly and professional service. They both were very knowledgeable, and understanding with being new to Kayaking. I most definitely will be back!

Reviewed May 24, 2014

Overall, Sea Quest is an awesome organization and I really appreciate them accommodating me. I was scheduled for a 2 day tour but received a call from them 2 days before I was supposed to leave to inform me the other people in my group had cancelled so they wondered if I could reschedule. I was already in Washington at that point but since they couldn't take me on a 2 day tour, they offered to take me on day trips instead and refund me the difference. I thought this was awesome because most other companies would probably tell me I was s**** out of luck, so thank you! My reason for a 4 star vs a 5 star review was the pace of the trip. While I realize not everyone has the same confidence level or fitness level on a kayak, I would have liked to gone a lot further and a lot faster than we did. A few people in my group seemed relatively new and had a much slower pace, so I was a little bored with our rate of speed. I realize that is nothing the company can control, but it would have made the trip more fun to do some intense paddling. I live on a lake and kayak almost every day, so I'm probably a little (and by a little I mean a lot) more picky than other tour goers about getting a good workout in. Other than that, our guide was really awesome and we saw a lot of seals, bald eagles, some fish and starfish. I will be returning to Sea Quest next summer hopefully during a more peak time to see some Orcas! Thanks for making my first trip to Washington a memorable one

Reviewed May 12, 2014

We did the afternoon paddle with SeaQuest. We checked around with several tours in the islands and decided seaquest sounded the best. We were not dissapointed!

We were lucky enough to be the only people going on the tour that day so we got our own private guide for the day! Tim was new to guiding in the San Juans but super nice and helpful and quite knowledgable about the area, particularly about the flora and fauna. HE kept us going a a leisurely but good pace. We got to see a LOT of harbor seals, some porpoises, and an elephant seal. Tim maximized our time so that we got to make the most of all 6 hours. There was not a lot of sitting around lecturing etc...We didn't see any Orcas but it didn't matter, we saw plenty of other great wildlife and great coastline. Totally worth it!