This is probably the most UN-hotel-like place we've ever stayed, but it was so affordable that it made our impromptu family visit to Friday Harbor possible and worthwhile! The staff is awesome, helpful, and friendly, allowing us to squeeze our 4 year old kids into the tiny, 1 queen bedroom. Luckily, our children were small enough that one slept in the little "nook" of a closet, and the other on the floor at the head of our bed. It was difficult to find space for them; you can't even fit a cot or a mat in this room. The hotel is a series of doublewides converted into small rooms with wood paneling. It was certainly cozy, and it provided us with a place to stay so we could do all we wanted to the next day without being exhausted. My only complaint was that you could hear EVERYTHING in the hallway outside the door, so our morning wasn't too restful. But otherwise, everything was just what we needed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spend a night...Not a fortune! It's really simple: Smaller Rooms = Smaller Rates. At The Orca Inn, we are proud to offer the smallest rooms in the state of Washington! Which means we have the lowest hotel room rates on San Juan Island. (Of course, for just a few dollars more, we have larger King and Double Queen rooms). With the money you save, you can spend more on amazing whale watching tours, incredible kayak trips, and other island adventures that you will remember for a lifetime. As Mr. Carson once said, "The business of life is the acquisition of memories." And at the Orca Inn, business is good! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HRS so you can book your The Orca Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Orca Hotel Friday Harbor
- The Orca Inn Friday Harbor, San Juan Island, WA