This is one of the best lodging values on the island. The Campsites are well maintained, and offer a good range of site types from wooded semi-private (depending on your choice), to wide open grassy field sites right on the lakeshore!
The friendly island staff make Lakedale a real special place - mostyl college students they are eager to provide a wide range of fun and exciting acitivities. They are always smiling even when busy, and maintenance staff are always smiling and waving when they pass by your campsite.
We did a couple of activities, from making tie dye t-shirts, to renting a boat and fishing in the "trout" lake. The lakes are well stocked, and anglers have their choice of either bass or trout fishing in well stocked lakes. The license is only $5 per person which is valid for the whole time you are there... so dont sweat if you dont have your annual freshwater license...
The games were an added bonus, from giant chess pieces, to ping-pong to beach vollyball. The beach is a little small, but the water is warm and clean.. great for floating around in an air mattress..
The campsites are also a great launching point for cycling or driving to other parts of the island. In all, I was plesantly surprised.. we took advantage of the mid-week offer, which allowed us one free acitvity, and a free bundle of firewood..
I highly recommend that if you go to San Juan Island, this is the place to camp... make sure you allow at least one-day to stay "at the campsite" just to take in all the fun stuff that Lakedale has to offer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On 82-acres, with three spring water lakes, Lakedale Resort at Three Lakes is an ideal San Juan Island getaway. Easily accessible by ferry or floatplane from Seattle, Lakedale Resort is nestled between Roche Harbor and Friday Harbor on San Juan Island, Washington. It’s a one-of-a-kind experience and a breath of fresh air – literally.Lakedale Resort features a variety of accommodation options, including a 10-room lodge, real log cabins, canvas cabins for a fabulous glamping experience, and camping. Lakedale Resort near Roche Harbor and Friday Harbor is also a great destination for teambuilding, meetings, and retreats, providing you with an inspirational setting to achieve your goals. Your group will enjoy the many activities that Lakedale has to offer including swimming, fishing, and canoeing on one of our three lakes. Or imagine taking over the lodge for your wedding and having your ceremony overlooking Fish Hook Lake! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Lakedale Resort at Three Lakes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lakedale Resort At Three Lakes Hotel Friday Harbor
- Lakedale Resort At 3 Lakes
- Lakedale Hotel San Juan Island
- Lakedale Resort San Juan Island
- Lakedale Resort At Three Lakes Friday Harbor, San Juan Island, WA