We stayed at Lakedale in early August. Their advertised "high end camping" is quite something: the only high end aspect about it is the price! For almost $50/night, you get just a regular drive in campsite, pay for your shower and get really, really poor service in terms of the teenagers who seem to check you in (we were foolish enough to expect that for that price they will try to go out of their way to make our stay nice: they barely meet the minimum requirements for service).
The lakes are really more like high end ponds and our campsite was lake side (but quite far from the one and only nice beach) and we were lulled to sleep each night by the sounds of the highway. Yep, the highway goes right along the "lake".
The showers also eat up your tokens as the mechanism is quite old, the facilities very ordinary and not clean. There was very little help from the store's "camping front desk" attendant, who after some time, ended up giving me my token back, but not even an apology for the inconvenience caused by their faulty equipment.
I cannot comment on the canvas tents or the lodge, they seemed nice enough, but the "high end" camping they advertise on their website is a joke. This would be an ok place if it was half the price but what they charged and what they provided left us a bitter and kind of spoiled our stay on the island.
I certainly am not going back there and would not recommend it to any of our friends. It's really just an extremely overpriced, regular campsite close to the highway with poor facilities and even worse service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On 82-acres, with three spring water lakes, Lakedale Resort at Three Lakes is an ideal San Juan Island getaway. Easily accessible by ferry or floatplane from Seattle, Lakedale Resort is nestled between Roche Harbor and Friday Harbor on San Juan Island, Washington. It’s a one-of-a-kind experience and a breath of fresh air – literally.Lakedale Resort features a variety of accommodation options, including a 10-room lodge, real log cabins, canvas cabins for a fabulous glamping experience, and camping. Lakedale Resort near Roche Harbor and Friday Harbor is also a great destination for teambuilding, meetings, and retreats, providing you with an inspirational setting to achieve your goals. Your group will enjoy the many activities that Lakedale has to offer including swimming, fishing, and canoeing on one of our three lakes. Or imagine taking over the lodge for your wedding and having your ceremony overlooking Fish Hook Lake! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Lakedale Resort at Three Lakes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lakedale Resort At Three Lakes Hotel Friday Harbor
- Lakedale Resort At 3 Lakes
- Lakedale Hotel San Juan Island
- Lakedale Resort San Juan Island
- Lakedale Resort At Three Lakes Friday Harbor, San Juan Island, WA