This was a wonderful stay for my family. I researched and read many of the reviews before selecting the Canvas Cottage for our stay. Once we arrived at the resort I quickly realized it was the perfect canvas cabin for us. I have small children and because the canvas cottage has a shower and toilet we did not have to wait in line for the coin showers or make a trek to the bathroom in the middle of the night. It also had electricity so we could plug in our cooler, recharge our cell phones etc. The toasty toesies were our favorite part of the stay. The staff went above and beyond to be helpful and meet our every need. Breakfast was more than we expected. They provided freshly made pancakes, oatmeal, hardboiled eggs, cereal etc.
The other nice thing about the canvas cottage is that it is set apart from any of the other canvas cabins. The other canvas cabins are very close to one another so having privacy was really nice. The bed and futon was very comfortable.
A couple surprises that were not mentioned in other reviews. The Canvas Cottage is right next to the main road. Traffic is slim to none at night so this was not an issue but it is definitely noisy during the day. Also, there is NO cell reception. The General Store has WIFII so we were running over there often to send text messages or check e-mail. We were not aware of this so we were not prepared. It is a good thing to know. Also, unless you come prepared to really camp, you have to go into town for lunch and dinner. Not a big deal as it is close but just another good thing to know.
Overall my family had a charming stay and created great memories. We would do it again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On 82-acres, with three spring water lakes, Lakedale Resort at Three Lakes is an ideal San Juan Island getaway. Easily accessible by ferry or floatplane from Seattle, Lakedale Resort is nestled between Roche Harbor and Friday Harbor on San Juan Island, Washington. It’s a one-of-a-kind experience and a breath of fresh air – literally.Lakedale Resort features a variety of accommodation options, including a 10-room lodge, real log cabins, canvas cabins for a fabulous glamping experience, and camping. Lakedale Resort near Roche Harbor and Friday Harbor is also a great destination for teambuilding, meetings, and retreats, providing you with an inspirational setting to achieve your goals. Your group will enjoy the many activities that Lakedale has to offer including swimming, fishing, and canoeing on one of our three lakes. Or imagine taking over the lodge for your wedding and having your ceremony overlooking Fish Hook Lake! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Lakedale Resort at Three Lakes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lakedale Resort At Three Lakes Hotel Friday Harbor
- Lakedale Resort At 3 Lakes
- Lakedale Hotel San Juan Island
- Lakedale Resort San Juan Island
- Lakedale Resort At Three Lakes Friday Harbor, San Juan Island, WA