All reviews mitchell bay bedroom cabin whale watching paddle boards weber grill small store harbor seal these cabins crab pot san juan island crystal seas maya's legacy full kitchen main building short drive dining table gas fireplace
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We had a wonderful stay at Snug Harbor. The resort is absolutely beautiful and the cabins are very warm and cozy. We loved kayaking around the harbor, our whale watching trip, and nightly bonfires. I could have stayed forever!

• Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple
TamaraN618, Owner at Snug Harbor Resort & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you for taking the time to write a review! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The waterfront cabin was perfect. We are spoiled by our king bed at home, but the queen bed was a good quality. Wood interior and exteriors of the cabin, added a great feel. Stunningly quiet day and night, with the only traffic sound being the boats coming and returning...way cool. I actually got teary eyed when I checked out! Canoed with my bride of 43 years for the first time, and saw some harbor seals right next to the canoe. A blanket of stars at night, with a lone seagull calling out to others, echoed across the water our first night there. Ten minutes to Friday Harbor, and about 5 minutes to Roche Harbor. Slowish wifi, and basic cable tv, but we weren't there to "disconnect" from the present. There are some free dvd movies to borrow, or you can bring your own. Full kitchen was a plus, as the oven allowed us to warm up lunch leftovers, and forego expensive dinners. Full glass enclosed shower with a pebble floor...felt so good. Have you booked your room yet?! We'll be back.

Room Tip: The website has every thing well laid out, from room description to sleeping capacity, and the photo gallery is really accurate.
  • Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple

Wow, Chuck, you could write copy for our next ad! Thanks for the poetic review, including mentioning the cabins have DVD players. I bet people would like to know that. And they play Blue-rays, too. I hope you return for another visit with your bride :)

Reviewed September 8, 2018 via mobile

Spent 2 nights for a brief excursion to San Juan island. Great rooms, bigger and more comfy than expected. Amenities are first rate. We stayed in a suite either above the lobby and actually liked it better than a cabin. The only small ding is friendliness of services. It’s more matter of fact rather than warm. At $250 to $500 a night a more concierge approach to local activities would have been helpful. Overall we’d definitely come back

Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple
TamaraN618, Owner at Snug Harbor Resort & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thanks for writing a review, Neal. I believe our staff is usually pretty good at recommending activities and restaurants, but we don't have a concierge dedicated to booking reservations. I'm sorry you received anything less than warmth, as that is not our ideal. Thank you for saying you'll come back and give us another try and affording us the opportunity to serve you in the future. We don't take that for granted :)

Reviewed August 30, 2018

The location of this resort is amazing ! We found it peaceful, calm, and clean with beautiful views. It is only a few minutes from the busy harbor as well as many areas to hike. It was truly hard to leave our cabin when we had to check out! This resort made our visit to the San Juan Island even more special ! We would definitely recommend this resort.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
Tamara N, Owner at Snug Harbor Resort & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to recommend Snug Harbor Resort to fellow Trip Advisor readers. Many people find it hard to leave and to that I can only say COME BACK! :)

Reviewed August 25, 2018

This is an amazing resort. The cottages are very comfortable and provide a lot of privacy. The cottages are eco friendly in the design. My wife and I loved our stay at this beautiful resort! I would highly recommend it. I

Room Tip: Cabin number 12 is a great location.
  • Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review. We work hard to impact our environment as well as possible for a resort. This summer we did a survey in our newsletter to see if visitors would be amenable to tamper-proof big bottles of bath products in place of all the wasteful single use bottles. I was overwhelmed by the positive response and we will be implementing that soon. Our old marina, dating back to the sixties, will be replaced this winter with a beautiful new one that will be much better for the environment, tenants, and guests. And if you didn't read in the book in your cabin, we make all our own water in our desalinization plant on property, and capture natural water for our irrigation needs. We actually add water to the water table. I hope you'll come back to see these and any new changes we make to be better stewards of this great island.