Review Highlights
Top service

After patchy experiences hiring bikes on our trip in the US and Canada these guys stood out. The... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Gavatron07
Napier, New Zealand
via mobile
Rented a road bike and an e-bike

We rented two bikes from Meat Machines during our stay: a road bike for my very experienced cyclist... read more

Reviewed October 3, 2018
Ashley B

All reviews rented bikes e bikes bike shop american camp cannondale tandem seth ride rode riding island
Selected filters
Reviewed July 29, 2018

Do not rent in this store. I was today, 07/28, in the store with my fiancé at 01:40 pm. We wanted to rent bikes, after being informed of the price and which bikes were available, we were rudely asked to rent bikes at another store, for no reason the attendant's posture changed, a blonde guy. Maybe when he realized we are a homosexual couple. I've never felt so disrespected anywhere, as it did today. They're not friendly, but that does not interest me because I did not ask anyone for free bikes.
I went to the city's tourism office and notified what happened. I do not accept ignorance.
Below is the link from the store where I was advised by them to go try to rent a bike after everything happened. RENT HERE:

/discoveryseakayak

Date of experience: July 2018
4  Thank LucianoF564
Reviewed July 19, 2018

Staff was friendly and helpful, we benefited from some advice of large climbs to avoid. The island is quite hilly so we were happy to have this noted. It was a wonderful way to see the island. The bikes were in great condition and easy to rent and return. Enjoyed that it was so close to the Brewery for a beer after a long days ride. I would definitely recommend this bike shop to others!

Date of experience: July 2018
1  Thank Rory R
Reviewed June 5, 2018 via mobile

We rented bikes with a motor and had so much fun exploring the island. We visited the alpaca farm, lavender farm and saw many herds of deer (almost tame) grazing besides gorgeous countryside. Traffic was minimal but drivers aren’t generous with sharing the road:(

Date of experience: June 2018
1  Thank kimm e
Reviewed June 2, 2018

Just back from a quick Pacific Northwest - San Juan Island trip. Everyone at Meat Machine Cycles was fantastic. We did a group bike tour with Sean which was definitely one of the highlights.

First we had a pre-trip discussion about our trip expectations, time constraints and food preferences. They were able to accommodate our entire family with bikes for different fitness levels and sizes. The e-bikes were particularly appreciated by the older generation. We saw some wonderful scenery and animals, ate great food and got just the right amount of exercise. What could be better?

Thanks guys!

Date of experience: May 2018
1  Thank Lawrence R
Reviewed April 6, 2018

We had a great experience renting from Meat Machine. The staff were very friendly and helpful, very familiar with the area and terrain. The Cannondale bikes we used were awesome - very light and easy to use. We will definitely rent from Meat Machine Cycles on our next visit.

Date of experience: April 2018