“Great for all levels”

56 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Great for all levels”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

We actually booked with another company that subbed our trip out to San Juan Outfitters. Weather was a little iffy for someone from Florida, but the rain cleared up and the temp was ideal. There were two of us and our guide, Amy, so we basically had a private kayak trip for a few hrs. After a short orientation, the guide matched our pace (slow) and pointed out sights, sea life and other things of interest along our leisure paddle experience. An enjoyable time on the water. Felt very comfortable and not rushed. We saw plenty and went out quite far but were always within easy distance of an island. Would recommend this company to anyone.

Visited June 2013

Wisconsin
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 77 helpful votes
“Kayak Tour fun and informative even for beginners”
Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

We had a great time. We had a 3 hour tour with just a guide and our family. We went in two person kayaks with one adult and one child (ages 10 and 13) in each kayak. The guide was in his own kayak. We had no kayaking experience and he explained everything well. It was exciting to kayak on the ocean and cross the channel and kayak along the coast of other nearby islands. We saw bald eagles, jelly fish, star fish and more. Our guide was very informative about the eco system and wildlife in the ocean and on land.

Visited July 2012
Albuquerque
“Excellent trip”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

We had a great kayaking trip, guide was friendly, pace was easy, sea was amazing. Can't ask for much more. I highly reccomend if you are in this area!

michigan
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Money well spent!”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

My daughter and I took the 5 hour trip in May. Our guide Michael was an outstanding marine "expert" - funny, knowledgeable, and we basically wanted to adopt him! The kayaks were comfortable, the information about all the wildlife and the islands was extremely interesting.
I managed to forget my tennis shoes and they actually called me and told me they would mail them to me! I highly recommend this company and the 5 hour trip was the highlight of our entire trip.

Friday Harbor, Washington
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Magical Way to See San Juan Island Near Roche Harbor”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Excellent guide, great service, and stunning feeling being in the calm waters around Roche Harbor, San Juan Island.

I had family up to the island and we decided to take them out for a tour of the area on a fully immersive marine experience. We booked day before and got a great tour time at 2pm for a three-hour tour.

The weather wasn't great, but the staff did all they could to make us feel comfortable with cushions, a dry boat, and lots of advice and prep ahead of time to keep us warm and dry.

The weather turned out to be a non-factor, and ten minutes in to the experience it didn't matter what it was like up above, because we were so immersed in what was going on around and under us we forgot about the rain clouds.

Our guide, Michael, was stellar - good narrative, funny jokes, and a genuine interest in our experience. He was a good balance of tour guide and excursion buddy. His knowledge of the area was superb, as we'd expect from a trained naturalist, and his people skills were exceptional.

I've lived in the islands for 12 years, and the kayaking experience is the only way to get a real sense of what makes this place so magical.

If you have three hours, do this adventure, and use this outfitter.