My husband and I just returned from a wonderful two-night stay at the Friday Harbor House.
Having stayed in the past in different guest rooms, for this trip we chose the two-room suite located on the third floor overlooking the town with a partial (though still enjoyable) view of the water. Talk about the perfect romantic getaway for us to celebrate my husband’s birthday! The living room, complete with gas fireplace, sofa, lounging chairs and a dining area provided us with the perfect area to relax. In addition, an oversized jetted tub opened up into the comfortable bedroom, with a queen-size bed and nicely appointed furnishings. Overall, the accommodations were lovely, spacious and well maintained, and the staff continues to be incredibly friendly and helpful.
Even with a variety of nearby restaurants to choose from we were so impressed with our first night’s dinner at the inn’s The Bluff Restaurant we elected to have our second dinner there also. On both nights the food was superb and the service was excellent. Also, don’t miss out on their “Happy Hour” as it proved a great way to sample a variety of delicious items on their menu at reduced prices…..the crab cake is a must!
Friday Harbor House is ideally located in town so unless you plan on touring the island, leave your car at the Anacortes terminal and board the ferry as a walk-on passenger since you can walk to the local shops, galleries and restaurants.
While San Juan Island is a wonderful travel destination regardless of the time of year, we feel that off-season is a great time to visit. Even though some stores and restaurants may close or have shorter hours during the winter, the island is just as beautiful and you are able to avoid the mass of tourists that typically flock to Friday Harbor.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Friday Harbor House perfectly complements the charm and serenity of the San Juan Islands and delightful shops and restaurants of the town. Upon entering our lobby, a friendly smile greets you. Your room features a cozy and romantic, Zen-like atmosphere with a picture window, a fireplace and an oversized, jetted tub-for-two that is the perfect way to wind down at the end of your day. Enjoy locally-sourced cuisine inspired by the Islands at the Friday Harbor House restaurant, all while admiring panoramic views of the San Juan Channel, ferry landing and marina. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Friday Harbor House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Friday Harbor House Hotel Friday Harbor
- Friday Harbor Hotel
- Friday Harbor House San Juan Island, WA