Our room was on the third floor (top floor) overlooking the marina. We had floor to ceiling sliding glass doors which we immediately opened. Although two rooms on this floor had balconies, ours had only a safety railing--but no problem as we moved the two chairs in the room in front of the open doors to take advantage of the view and cool breezes. And what a view it was--boats, ferries, seaplanes, all coming and going. There were concerts in the park below the hotel on two afternoons from 4-7 pm--one was a steal drum band, the next more blues and rock n roll. Could be intrusive but we found it added to the overall ambiance. The room is spacious, clean and well-appointed. I did wish I could have heated hot water for tea in the afternoon, but they have incorporated a coffee system which only allows the little cups provided, rather than the loose leaf tea which I always carry with me. Also, I was initially dismayed there are no drawers in this place. Since we were staying for 6 nights, we wanted to unpack and settle in. However, I did find there were plenty of shelves--I pushed books back and used those shelves as well, and we quickly had everything unpacked and felt right at home. Staff is very friendly and helpful. There is a quirkiness about this place that is probably part of the island lifestyle. Overall, it was an extremely pleasant visit, and I would highly recommend it to friends and look forward to staying there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Friday Harbor House perfectly complements the charm and serenity of the San Juan Islands and delightful shops and restaurants of the town. Upon entering our lobby, a friendly smile greets you. Your room features a cozy and romantic, Zen-like atmosphere with a picture window, a fireplace and an oversized, jetted tub-for-two that is the perfect way to wind down at the end of your day. Enjoy locally-sourced cuisine inspired by the Islands at the Friday Harbor House restaurant, all while admiring panoramic views of the San Juan Channel, ferry landing and marina. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your Friday Harbor House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Friday Harbor House Hotel Friday Harbor
- Friday Harbor Hotel
- Friday Harbor House San Juan Island, WA