My husband booked this property with a "spa package" for my birthday weekend. When we arrived, we were a little concerned about the separate buildings for rooms, reception and dining, but we carried on. The gentleman that checked us in was very nice, and gave us our massage voucher for an external massage service. We had asked for the 10:30 am appointment, but our voucher said 11:30 am. We thought that perhaps we had been mistaken, so we just accepted the change. When we got to our room, it smelled of stale smoke as if someone had smoked in it recently. We tried to open the patio slider, but the handle was broken off and the floor lock was next to impossible to disengage. We finally got it open to get air in the room. We noticed that the only heat adjustment involved crawling behind a chair to an electric wall heater that had the controls six inches from the floor. Inconvenient, but doable. Then we started looking around and saw the wear and tear in this room including broken drywall on the corners, buckling/folds in the thin carpeting, over painting, and incomplete caulking. The decor was "minimalist" with one medium painting over a counter area and a tiny framed picture in the corner. It seemed a little like a forgotten roadside motel, than a high priced harborside resort. The next day we got up and got ready for breakfast. We went down to be greeted by stale english muffins, rubbery bagels, cereal, yogurt, and bread pudding. It was not as we read in other reviews. We walked to the spa for our massage to find the proprietor calling the hotel looking for us as we were an hour late. Our appointment WAS at 10:30 but the voucher provided by the hotel was listed for 11:30. We were embarrassed as the staff was all standing around seemingly waiting on us with no other clients. Luckily, they were willing to take us anyway. When we went back to our room afterward for our "wellness plate" it was not there. It arrived several hours later when we were out and was a whole fruit and a few dried fruits with nuts. Strange and hardly worth the package price. Overall, after this long rant, this property is not worth it. Although the people were polite, the attention to detail was apparently lacking in both paperwork and property upkeep. There are many other spa/resort properties on the island that will get our business long before we come here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Friday Harbor House perfectly complements the charm and serenity of the San Juan Islands and delightful shops and restaurants of the town. Upon entering our lobby, a friendly smile greets you. Your room features a cozy and romantic, Zen-like atmosphere with a picture window, a fireplace and an oversized, jetted tub-for-two that is the perfect way to wind down at the end of your day. Enjoy locally-sourced cuisine inspired by the Islands at the Friday Harbor House restaurant, all while admiring panoramic views of the San Juan Channel, ferry landing and marina. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Orbitz, Odigeo, Priceline, Travelocity and Agoda so you can book your Friday Harbor House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Friday Harbor House Hotel Friday Harbor
- Friday Harbor Hotel
- Friday Harbor House San Juan Island, WA