Friday Harbor House
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
The Island Inn at 123 West(Friday Harbor)
View Hotel
Bird Rock Hotel(Friday Harbor)
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
Earthbox Inn & Spa(Friday Harbor)
View Hotel
Friday Harbor Suites(Friday Harbor)
View Hotel
The Orca Inn(Friday Harbor)
Discovery Inn(Friday Harbor)
  • Free Internet
Edenwild Boutique Inn(Lopez Island)
View Hotel
Lopez Islander Resort(Lopez Island)
  • Pool
All reviewsharbor view roompartial viewgas fireplacecontinental breakfastjetted tubcorner roomfloor to ceiling windowsthird floorgranolawithin walking distancewhale museumwonderful hotelsmall balconywonderful roomflat screen tvrooms are largesan juan islands
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Our overnight winter (March) trip to the Friday Harbor Inn was a complete delight. We found the room to be spacious and comfortable. Although our room had a "restricted" view it was still one terrific view as we could see the harbor and watch the ferries as they came and went. Truly a unique and romantic Inn and as close as you can get to the main part of town.

Breakfast, advertised as "continental" was so much more. We were pleasantly surprised to find scrambled eggs and hot cereal in addition to the rolls and muffins that are normally served. Grab a cup of coffee and savor the view from the dining room.

The only down-side was a ten minute wait for our room to be ready when we arrived at about ten to four. We were offered coffee though in the lounge area. Wifi is spotty but acceptable and TV reception is of poor quality but who comes here for the TV?

Room Tip: The limited view rooms are still pretty darn spectacular and should be considered.
1  Thank LADWhitePlains
friday1946, Manager at Friday Harbor House, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2013

Dear Guest-

Thank you so much for your kind words! We were equally "delighted" to have you stay with us.

Please come see us again soon.

Reviewed March 13, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for the first half of our honeymoon and did NOT want to leave!

We arrived back to our room to find beautiful tulips waiting for us!

You made our honeymoon so special!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gabrielle G
friday1946, Manager at Friday Harbor House, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

Dear Guest-

Congratulations!! Thanks for making Friday Harbor House part of your special time.

We were so pleased to have you with us-come see us for your anniversary!

Reviewed March 11, 2013

Stayed here for our wedding anniversary from March 8-11th. Went for a queen room with a view. The view was fantastic. The location of the hotel was also great - right downtown and walking distance to just about everything you'd want to check out in the area. The fireplace was nice and I really liked the linens.

The few small issues we had were as follows:

1. The cleaning staff did not properly shut our door when they left the room, so we came home to the door of our room being ajar when our things (including valuables) were in there.

2. We did the spa package and were disappointed to find out the spa was not on site. This was never explicitly shared with us when booking or scheduling. We had to drive or walk to it a few blocks away. It is also literally in the same building as the mini-mart of a gas station (with a separate entrance).

3. There was a mistake between the spa and the hotel and we ended up either having to show up an hour early for our massages or cancel them.

4. The massages were a little strange and not as good as other spas we've been to.

5. The health snacks they left in our room for us as part of the package were not very good.

6. Beware the early morning honking ferries.

Overall, I believe this is the best hotel option in Friday Harbor, as you can't beat the location and the view, and with the exception of the spa-related stuff (I would NOT book the spa package again), our experience was generally good. I do think it was a bit overpriced.

1  Thank Jenn S
friday1946, Manager at Friday Harbor House, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

Dear guest-

Thank you for your recent stay and feedback. I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed relaxing and taking in the amazing view overlooking Friday Harbor.

Thank your for your feedback on our spa package. I'm sorry to hear that it was not all that it perhaps could have been-and I was glad to see that the spa indeed provided you some credit toward your massages for the timing mix-up. We in no way wish to mislead our guests so we are revising some verbiage on our package based upon your feedback-thank you.

We hope to have you back with us soon-and please don't hesitate to reach out to me directly at the time of your next reservation-I would be most pleased to assist. Thank you again for your feedback, it only helps us improve!

Reviewed March 10, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Friday Harbor House the first week in March. It was our first time to the San Juan Islands.The hotel was charming and enjoyable walking distance to town. Our room was very nice and quiet with a beautiful view of the harbor and a cozy gas fireplace.The breakfast was perfect...oatmeal with currents and large walnuts, assorted fruit, breads and a delicious steel head spread for bagels. They also have a great happy hour and I suggest the onion soup. I think all the drinks and appetizers are like $5. 5 stars from Texas

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
friday1946, Manager at Friday Harbor House, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

Dear guest-

Thanks for joining us all the way from Texas!

You named a couple of my favorite foods from our Executive Chef, Kyle Nicholson and the rest of the BLUFF team--the homemade steelhead spread and of course--the French onion soup!!!

Thanks very much for your kind review.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

I went with Friday Harbor House because the suite we wanted at 123 was not available. We went with the partial view king, which was advertised as half water, half city. But it was definitely more city view, with a little view of the harbor if you went out on the deck. But that was fine, we were only there for one night--oh how we wish we could have been there for longer!

The room was great! It reminded us a bit of our honeymoon suit in that the jetted bath/jacuzzi opened up to the rest of the room (minus the killer penthouse view you get in the city), and it was very relaxing. They had bathsalts among their travel toiletries, which was perfect.

The Bluff restaurant is superb. It has a stunning view of the harbor. I recommend making reservations (we did this via OpenTable), as we were able to get a great window spot and noticed that those without reservations were seated away from the windows. We did a mix of happy hour along with their regular menu, and all of it was exquisite. Not to mention the included continental breakfast--one of the better included with stay continental breakfasts I've had (oatmeal, granola, dried fruits, various fruit butters, potatoes, creamy scrambled eggs, juice, pastries, salmon spread, etc), after ones in Paris.

The location is great, too, as it's walking distance from the ferry, as well as quite a few shops, restaurants, and cafes.

Service was friendly. However, if you have questions for the staff, we found it better to just go down the few floors (by stair or elevator) to talk to them directly, versus calling via the phone since there was only one person to answer, anyway. Also, I believe concierge is only available until 9pm, which was not a problem at all for us, but may be for some other guests.

In the hallway/lobby areas, there were great decor, as well as books and games for guests!

Dear guest-

I'm sorry that 123 didn't work out for you-but I'm very pleased that you were "pleasantly surprised" by what Friday Harbor House has to offer.
Thanks so much for your kind remarks on the team, the guestroom and our abundant breakfast--we look forward to having you back!