“No hot water, but proactive hotel saves the night!”

Friday Harbor House
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Friday Harbor
Reviewed February 25, 2013

The Friday Harbor House is an amazing, picturesque location atop a hill overlooking the harbor. The views from the sound-view rooms are breathtaking. The rooms are comfortable and tastefully decorated and help you feel like you're at an exclusive spa or bead and breakfast. Of course, one of the main attractions is that all (most?) of the rooms have large jetted tubs which help you slide into the island lifestyle. Unfortunately, during our overnight stay, the boiler for the hotel broke leaving all of the guests without water. A call to the front desk had the manager in our suite to look at the issue and, unfortunately, ultimately found that it was a hotel wide problem. Being that it was late on a remote island there wasn't anything to be done until morning. However, the hotel proactively offered all guests a free night in compensation. The following day, we also got a letter of apology from the cooperate group who runs the hotel apologizing. While it was inconvenient the staff at the desk and the letter were both so friendly I feel they went above and beyond to ensure that we had a pleasant stay. We're already planning a return visit! As for the other offerings, the breakfast was tasty and local and the amenities in room were very nice as well. I've been telling all of my friends to stay here and so you should give it a try. If this is what it is like when something goes wrong, imagine how great it would be when everything is going right? :)

Room Tip: Ask for a harbor view room.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
friday1946, Manager at Friday Harbor House, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2013

Dear anthrojason:

Thank you so much for your raving review of our property and our team at Friday Harbor House!

Again, we apologize for the hot water and know that we’ve taken steps to avoid this in the future.

We are so glad that you enjoyed yourself and that you’ve decided to come see us again. We are looking forward to it!

Regards,

Alan

There are newer reviews for Friday Harbor House

Reviewed February 22, 2013

We loved the location of this hotel. The views over looking the water were beautiful and sitting on the patio in the afternoon brought an interesting array of people together having a cocktail discussing their days adventure. We enjoyed the lovely room, quite comfortable and nice staff. The breakfast buffet was great too.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 21, 2013

I accidentally purchased a 2-night getaway on Living Social. One wrong click of the mouse, and, without letting me confirm or cancel the purchase, they charged me, and then proceeded to say that a refund was not possible based on the "fine print." Because the purchase was on the weekend, they said no mangers were available, and my request would be "escalated" and someone would get back to me in a day or two. Being that we wanted to leave the next day, that was useless (as was anybody else we spoke to at Living Social).

The staff at Friday Harbor House saved the day, changing the dates of our trip even though they were already maxed out on Living Social customers. Katie at the front desk went out of her way to make sure it would work out. We took the ferry out the next day and enjoyed every part of our stay.

Breakfast was great...eggs/potatoes, baked goods, juices, granola, etc...included. Queen harbor view room with plenty of room for four (kids on air mattress). Hot water was out for a couple of hours, and we got a personal call letting us know the status, plus we received a complimentary night for our next stay there - which we will definitely be using.

Great view right on the harbor.
Staff was extremely friendly, especially considering I took my 7- and 4-year old kids.

I have never written an online review before this one, but i was so impressed by Friday Harbor House that I had to say something.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank EnEDaddy
Reviewed February 19, 2013

-The rooms are very nice with a double jacuzzi tub, walk in tile shower, fireplace, balcony, freewifi.
-Ferry ride $10 per person, $30 dollars for a car(not needed).
-Two block walk to the hotel about 6 minutes.
-Front desk staff was incredible answered all q's and were very kind.
-Keurig coffee maker with two decaf and two tully's coffee.
-Room had an iron and fan in the closet I can't sleep without a fan for white noise, and have never seen a fan provided without asking.
-Hot water did not work and the staff "made it right". Didn't ruin the weekend at all. Still worth it.
-The Bluff restaurant in the lobby had amazing food for a decent price. Great Service.
-Free breakfast, egg dish delicious, also had cereal, oatmeal, fresh fruit, bagels and salmon spread with fresh juices and coffee.
Over all this place was amazing and will definitely be on the top of our list for a quick getaway.

Room Tip: Get the view room its worth it.
Reviewed February 12, 2013

We have been going to the Friday Harbor House for about ten years and remain quite pleased. It’s a very short walk from the ferry if you don’t drive. Too often properties start showing their age. FHH remains modern, very clean and well appointed. You wouldn’t know whether it was 2 years old or ten. We were experiencing a winter sun break and planned a last minute get away for a long weekend. We got a large sized single room with a full view of the Harbor; a big bathroom with a soaking tub, fireplace, internet services, coffee maker- all the basics plus. It also came with a complimentary buffet breakfast. Between the location and their construction, the room seemed virtually sound proof, we had a great get away. Trip Advisor lists this as a B&B, the manager wasn’t sure why. It is a small boutique hotel and offers what we consider the best accommodation in Friday Harbor.

Reviewed December 26, 2012

We try to make it here annually - because this inn is beautiful. The whole way over on the ferry, I'm imagining that hot tub since we come in January, our anniversary month. The Inn is beautiful. I would recommend checking out a different place to eat rather than the inn itself - there are many restaurants in the area. Breakfast is good - but would like to see Hot eggs/sausage served or something on that nature. I love this place. My favorite room is one in which I can lay in bed and watch the ferry come and go. I don't want to shut my eyes so that I don't miss it. It's simply beautiful.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank wendi l
Reviewed December 20, 2012

My husband and I live in Seattle and spent a Saturday night at Friday Harbor House as a quick getaway "vacation." We couldn't have been happier with the place! When we entered our room overlooking the harbor we were greeted with a bottle of chilling champagne, 3 delicious chocolate truffles and a bag of popcorn to snack on. The gas fireplace and the 2-person jetted tub were definite highlights, as was the clean, modern decor and comfortable Northwest feel to it all. The town is absolutely charming and Friday Harbor House and their friendly, helpful staff just made it all perfect. My only complaint is that we couldn't stay longer. I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
#8 of 10 in Friday Harbor
Edenwild Boutique Inn
Edenwild Boutique Inn
#1 of 2 in Lopez Island

Been to Friday Harbor House? Share your experiences!