All reviews scones sister hotel hard boiled eggs strawberry lemonade yogurt shared bathroom loading dock provide ear plugs warm cookies boutique hotel direct tv ferry terminal middle of town within walking distance the san juan suite european style flat screen
Selected filters
Reviewed April 22, 2019 via mobile

I chose Bird Rock Inn due to its location to dining and more. We were not disappointed! It’s in a great location. Very cleaned and attractive. We were able to walk from the Inn to attractions within Friday Harbor workout trouble. The employees were fantastic. So friendly and considerate. The complimentary breakfast was excellent as well - awesome scones. I really wish we had started our trip there. We will return!

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Laura S, Manager at Bird Rock Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2019

Hi 358graces,

We are so happy we were right for you and you had a great time on our little island. We loved having you and can't wait for next time.

Reviewed April 20, 2019

I chose Bird Rock as my final destination on a 10 day trip around the sound and islands. I arrived insanely early from walk on ferry I was not expecting my room ready but at least drop off my bags. I was stunned to find my room ready and complimentary upgrade! The lady at the front desk was so kind and escorted me to my room and tour of amenities on the way I failed to get her name!
I booked the Skipjack it was recommended for solo travelers I was upgraded to the Patos same style room except bigger bed I fully appreciated being 6'5". European style no en-suite bath but shared baths down the hall. They were always sparkling! Props to the housekeeping! Room amenities included all the usual and comfortable soft robes to get to and from the bathroom in style.
Minor gripe the mugs are smaller than the Kerig water intake! If you fill to the line in the Kerig it goes to the rim or over on the mug when brewing leaving no room for sugar or creamer. I found that out the hard way and adjusted fill the mug to desired level then pour the water in the machine.
Community style shared deck space off the room with shrubs dividing furniture was a nice touch and great spot to enjoy morning coffee.
During my stay I experienced the best massage ever! Cammille made me feel human again I forgot was it was like to not be in pain. I highly recommend the spa! I for sure will be returning for that!
I was also able to book a 5 hour kayak tour through the hotel If they didn't ask about it during reservation process I would of never thought about it. I had so much fun! Thank you Kylie for setting that up for me! I don't think she ever left the building my entire stay!
Everything about Bird Rock Hotel is on point.
You cannot go wrong, great service, great location. I am looking forward to return trip!

Room tip: Patos was a bit noisy for a corner room ear plugs are provided for light sleepers.
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Laura S, Manager at Bird Rock Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2019

Hi Coastguy06,

You just totally made our day! We are literally doing a happy dance around the lobby! Thank you so much! We agree, Cammille is magic and our Kylie goes above and beyond (we do let her go home sometimes;) We are so happy we were right for you and can't wait for next time!

Reviewed April 12, 2019 via mobile

My husband and I needed a relaxing getaway and decided on the quaint seaside town of Friday Harbor... it’s so beautiful and quiet this time of year which was what we were looking for. After looking and looking for a hotel, Bird Rock jumped out because of its fantastic location and unique beauty. Our stay was wonderful, the hotel is literally steps from everything and stood tall and grand in the cute town... we got in late the first night so the front desk was closed for the night, but I received a call and was told to just call the night manager to let us in. When we arrived the night manager which I forgot her name had greeted us with a big smile and happily answered my questions about the history of the building and showed us our room. Over all our room was very clean and had loads of character and charm. The soaps and shampoo smelled of fresh lavender and I’m sure the breakfast was lovely we had slept in. So If your looking for a quiet getaway with your loved one I definitely recommend both Friday Harbor and bird rock!

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Laura S, Manager at Bird Rock Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2019

Hi Carlyannap,

Thank you so much for your visit and your lovely review. We are so happy we were just what you needed. All our body care products come from the local Pelindaba Lavender Farm and are certified organic. Aren't they awesome? Please come visit us again soon. We can't wait!

Reviewed April 4, 2019 via mobile

We stayed in the Fidalgo Suite for 3 nights and really enjoyed it. The bed was super comfy and there was a microwave, fridge and coffee maker, and a door onto a shared balcony. Very quiet when we were there, but they do provide earplugs for noisy summer nights. We did not use the pool and sauna at their sister property, Earthbox Inn, but others in our party did, and they liked it. Breakfast was ample and tasty, with yogurt, hard boiled eggs, cereal, and fruit. The bathroom had a huge jacuzzi which we did not try, and there was a step up to it. We would stay there again.

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Laura S, Manager at Bird Rock Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2019

Hi Birdman0429,

Thank you so much for your visit and for taking the time to write about your stay. We are so happy you had a great time and liked our place. Please come visit us again soon!

Steffi Wehner

Reviewed February 22, 2019

We made our annual pilgrimage to the San Juan Islands during February. Yes, it is on the cool side (snow plows still trying to recover from Snowmagedden), but there are still excellent restaurants, and the tourist count is at an all time low; perfect for wandering the nice shops and taking a 'free' (for walk on passengers) 2-hour, inter-island ferry cruise with a good book. We stayed, as usual, at the Bird Rock Hotel. It's our favorite on the Island because it is situated dead-center in down town. You are within a three block walk of 90% of the Islands restaurants and shops. You have a choice between single and double bedroom suites with a kitchen, or single rooms with a bathroom down the hall. The latter is actually our favorite because you have an outside deck and two bathrooms to choose from (which they keep service and clean). We've never been 'locked out'. The manage, Kylie, is fabulous and provide excellent service along with her colleague, Emilie. They are a great team.

We had a car, so we did drive to Roche Harbor and stopped off at the newly renovated San Juan Winery on the way.

Date of stay: February 2019
Laura S, Manager at Bird Rock Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2019

Hi Doug,

We are so happy to get to be part of your annual island pilgrimage. It is guests like you who make what we do so fun and rewarding. Thank you. Until next year!

Steffi Wehner