“Par Excellance”
Review of Coho Restaurant

Coho Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Coho Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 67 Restaurants in Friday Harbor
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Spring
Description: Coho Restaurant serves Island grown Pacific cuisine with a Mediterranean flair. Coho's Chef creates exciting menus developed around the seasonality of fresh ingredients from the surrounding Islands. Each night, this "Best of the San Juans" restaurant menu showcases simple and artful fare that allows the flavors of the individual ingredients to resonate on the palate. Coho's wine cellar has been recognized by Wine Spectator with an Award of Excellence. Coho is set in a historic Craftsman House - three blocks from the ferry landing in walkable downtown Friday Harbor. Coho's intimate setting provides the perfect atmosphere for a fine dining special celebration or a relaxed night out with friends. Consider making a night of it at one of our nearby Inns.We invite you to dine with us and Savor the San Juan Islands! Buon Appetito!
Portland, Oregon
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Par Excellance”
Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

You start with their fresh herbed bread and continue with the most wonderful experience. The grilled octopus is a MUST have. I tasted my husband's snd was so jealous, but my chilled lobster and shrimp with a hint of mint was delicious as well. The halibut with all it's goodness neatly tucked underneath it filled your appetite with the perfect serving. End it with dessert and your spirit is singing "again, again!!!". If you can't tell already, this place is a definite "do again"!

1 Thank pdxchris97201

Memphis, Tennessee
“Delicious & cozy place”
Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

Small and comfortable with quality food. Charming staff! Nice selection of local wines. A little expensive though nice for a special night.

1 Thank Cat_9079
Boulder, Colorado
“Oh, how I loved this restaurant!”
Reviewed June 27, 2014

I eat at a lot of high quality, farm-to-table type restaurants, and I am gluten free (celiac). My dinner at Coho was one of my favorite meals of all time. Hubby and I had the scallop appetizer, and the salmon and tenderloin entrees. All were exceptional, especially the Lyonaisse potatoes and the local Spy Hop gin. The owners served us and were gracious, knowledgable and friendly. They happily suggested substitutions to address my dietary needs, but few were needed since this is high-quality, fresh, exquisitely prepared food. We would love to go back!

1 Thank LWhitt
“Best "Early Bird" Dining”
Reviewed June 19, 2014

We enjoyed a special 2 for $70 early dinner deal (available between 5:00 and 5:45) that included a bottle of wine, a soup & salad first course, an entree, and house-made ice cream for dessert. Sometimes limited choices are a good thing: we weren't familiar with the wines offered for this deal, but went with the recommendation of the staff, and we both enjoyed the wine. My husband had the troll-caught salmon, noting it was one of the most perfectly cooked pieces of salmon he's ever tasted, and I had the whole roast rainbow trout, which brought me back to my beloved Italian mom-mom's kitchen and eating the fish that Pop-pop caught regularly. These meals were not on the special "Chef's Tasting" 3 course menu, but we could substitute any entree offered and would just have to pay the price difference. The trout was the same price, the salmon was only a few dollars more, an easy swap. I loved my homemade chocolate ice cream-very smooth and custardy. The staff was very nice and attentive. The space is small, so when a "Ladies Night Out" celebration came in, the room got a little noisy for quiet conversation. Unless you have quiet, patient children with adventurous palates, I would probably save this dining experience for the adults. The Chef's Tasting was a great way to get a gourmet meal and still have time and daylight to walk around the lovely town of Friday Harbor. It was also a very good value and excellent quality of food compared to other restaurants in town. It may lack a water view, but with the beautiful, delicious food and happy staff, you won't miss it. Side note: if they have some of their special granola for sale-buy it, and Anna Maria's cookbook too, so you can make your own. We enjoyed the granola every morning with breakfast at Tucker House, and it's some of the best I've ever had.

1 Thank Bigcrigs
“Fabulous!!”
Reviewed June 10, 2014 via mobile

Go here. The food, atmosphere, service was incredible. I don't even like salmon but I tried my friend's entree and loved it. The salmon was fresh, not remotely fishy, perfectly seasoned. I had the stuffed quinoa risotto. I loved it. The desserts were small but delicious. The wine pairings evidenced the staffs' clear understanding of the menu. The wine list was expensive and reasonably priced.

This is a small restaurant. It feels intimate yet friendly. I loved it and recommend it highly.

1 Thank Npwalter