“Best in Friday Harbor”
Review of Coho Restaurant

Coho Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Coho Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 67 Restaurants in Friday Harbor
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Spring
Description: Coho Restaurant serves Island grown Pacific cuisine with a Mediterranean flair. Coho's Chef creates exciting menus developed around the seasonality of fresh ingredients from the surrounding Islands. Each night, this "Best of the San Juans" restaurant menu showcases simple and artful fare that allows the flavors of the individual ingredients to resonate on the palate. Coho's wine cellar has been recognized by Wine Spectator with an Award of Excellence. Coho is set in a historic Craftsman House - three blocks from the ferry landing in walkable downtown Friday Harbor. Coho's intimate setting provides the perfect atmosphere for a fine dining special celebration or a relaxed night out with friends. Consider making a night of it at one of our nearby Inns.We invite you to dine with us and Savor the San Juan Islands! Buon Appetito!
Reviewed July 1, 2011

Trying to decide on the best restaurant in Friday Harbor? Look no further. Coho was so attentive, excellent food, cozy environment. Couldn't have asked for a better experience. Hosts instinctively knew when to approach the table and when to stay away. Options for soup, salad, entree, desert --- limited but something for everyone. I personally enjoyed the FRESH components of my dinner as did my guests.
Thank you Anna Maria and Dave - we will be back.

Reviewed June 5, 2011

Amazing service, great food nice place. Definitely on the fancy side. Filet of beef special was great, as well as the manila clam app special.

Reviewed May 27, 2011

Went on the Friday night of memorial weekend and for a while we were the only people. The food was really good despite have one very gritty mussel. Service was a bit slow, but it's time well used to enjoy the meal and dinner companion. Highly recommend.

Harrison_Innkeeper, Owner at Coho Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2011

As an Islands locally certified restaurant, we believe in the philosophy of locally sourced ingredients and the conviviality of good food and friends. In this faced-paced world, we like to offer our patrons efficient but relaxed service that allows them to savor the flavors of the Island and enjoy a bit of “Island time” with their dinner companions.

Reviewed December 21, 2010

I just bought a gift certificate for my parents to celebrate their 40th anniversary at Coho. I have never dined at Coho but the reviews seem pretty well favored. I hope I picked the right place for them to celebrate such a special milestone. I’ll get feedback after they dine and update my review. Cheers!

Harrison_Innkeeper, Owner at Coho Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2010

Hi!

Thank you for choosing Coho Restaurant for your parent's 40th anniversary celebration. We mailed the gift certificate yesterday and look forward to hosing them for their special dinner. We will do our very best to ensure they have a memorable evening. Happy Holidays!

Reviewed November 18, 2010

My husband and I went to the San Juans for a weekend getaway and we stumbled upon this restaurant quite literally! I have to say the location on a back street in Friday Harbor is not the best, but then maybe that's why this little (and I meen little) gem of a place is doing so well. We didn't make reservations (MISTAKE...make them!) but they were great to accomidate us walk-ins and we were seated in 10 minutes. Fresh salad the chef picked from her garden that day, great wine, I had some risotto that made me want to lick the plate...great atmosphere with candlelight and just 8-10 tables in the whole place. Only complaint...the servers kept opening and closing the big barn doors that seperated the kitchen from the dining area which was a bit loud and distracting. We will be going back EVERY time we visit the San Juans!