“Stay away”

Ranked #265 of 354 Hotels in San Antonio
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Stay away”
Reviewed March 9, 2014

Absolutely awful, like something out of the movies, my friend nicknamed it the Bates Motel which didn't help but did give us a laugh! Everything about this place is old, worn out and either was or felt unclean. Crazy prices too, for the same amount of money we could have shared a room at one of the central river walk hotels, I've never been happier to leave a hotel before & I'll never go back!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
gautamshah, General Manager at Rodeway Inn Downtown near Riverwalk, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Thank you for taking the time & rating us. First, let me
apologize for the inconvenience you experienced as a guest of
our hotel. If you can contact me on Gautam@salodging.com , I would like discuss ,Also I would like to inform you we are in process of renovation of rooms almost 60% of the rooms are done, Rest are in process, if future travel brings you to San Antonio , please be our guest .

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
San Antonio
Reviewed March 5, 2014

Our stay was awful from the beginning. We got booked for the wrong dates...they did fix it thank goodness but then the a/c didn't work and the guy tried to convince us that it did and then said he'd call us and let us know if they could transfer us to another room...never heard from him...it wouldn't have been so bad if it wasn't hot that day and we had an infant and 8 1/2 month pregnant friend in our room...we also found someone else's underwear in the room and someone's nails that they clipped in our sheets...the breakfast sucked and they had a tip jar out...this is a free breakfast and the lady working was sitting there eating it...why would I tip you....I'm still getting charges and they assure me will be taken off this week but can't tell me why I'm getting charged...oh and they didn't clarify check out so a lady came and banged on our door at noon and told us to leave...will NEVER go there again...

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Travelers are raving about these San Antonio hotels

San Antonio
Reviewed February 12, 2014

Carpet and walls were dirty. The door did not seal well. The smoke detector
was gone but wiring was there and exposed. Our plugs fell
out of the electrical sockets! The bathtub was dirty. The outside walks were dirty and in need of repair. I replaced the batteries in the TV remote with my own.For 3 days I had to have the key cards rescanned so they would unlock the door!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Gautam S, Guest Relations Manager at Rodeway Inn Downtown near Riverwalk, responded to this review, April 26, 2014
Hello Tad C.,

I apologize for the inconvenience during your recent stay. I will accelerate your comments in order this matter is verified and the room where you stayed is checked , trust that this matter will be taken care of to avoid problems in the future. We appreciate your candid reviews as it allow us to monitor the quality of services we provide to our guests. We value your business.
Birmingham
Reviewed January 25, 2014

The hotel was abit shabby. The room was big enough however the security chain lock was broke - easily fixed by someone with a drill and screwdriver however kinda shows maybe they dont check rooms that often.

The cleaning staff are terrible here. Due to the chain not working on the lock they would knock once and immediately barge in saying "housekeeping" and I told the lady and man we dont need any service today, and they couldnt understand English and continued to barge into the bathroom and change the towels..Now luckily neither me or the gf were getting changed or naked at this stage. This would be all sorted with a "DO NOT DISTURB" sign on the door which they didn't supply - fix ya damn security chains on ya doors!

Location was good as it was a cheap hotel and only about 15 min walk to Riverwalk.

Breakfast was okish. They only have one waffle maker and seems there were always cues for this. Now there was always someone sitting behind the breakfast desk, why they never suggested to management getting another Waffle maker to reduce cues I have no Idea.

Room Tip: Make sure you have a room where the chain lock works otherwise Cleaners just barge in.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello JayjayCM.,

Thank you for your very generous, candid comments. I will surely bring your concern to management’s attention so that this “overlooked” matter is evaluated and verified. I apologize for the limited language comprehension of the housekeeping staff assigned to you during your stay. We will make sure that this inconvenience is avoided in the future.
North Side of Chicago, USA
Reviewed January 9, 2014

This place is foul beyond belief. I went up to my room that had a burned door that was repainted into a dirty room. I then went out for awhile. When I came back, I noticed the complete bedbug infestation. There were thousands of larvae everywhere. Then they would not let me change rooms and when I checked out refused to even acknowledge the infestation. Avoid at all costs!

• Stayed November 2013
gautamshah, General Manager at Rodeway Inn Downtown near Riverwalk, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Thank you for informing us about the one of biggest issue that all hotel faces, I apologize that your stay was not pleasant. Please be rest assured that professional is treating the room which was infested. It is 2weeks treatment which treats 100%. Please contact me directly on gautam@salodging.com or call front desk, so I can resolve your concern. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience during your stay and hope to see you during your next visit