“A Real Disappointment”

Rodeway Inn Downtown near Riverwalk
Ranked #263 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed February 12, 2014

Carpet and walls were dirty. The door did not seal well. The smoke detector
was gone but wiring was there and exposed. Our plugs fell
out of the electrical sockets! The bathtub was dirty. The outside walks were dirty and in need of repair. I replaced the batteries in the TV remote with my own.For 3 days I had to have the key cards rescanned so they would unlock the door!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Gautam S, Guest Relations Manager at Rodeway Inn Downtown near Riverwalk, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2014

Hello Tad C.,

I apologize for the inconvenience during your recent stay. I will accelerate your comments in order this matter is verified and the room where you stayed is checked , trust that this matter will be taken care of to avoid problems in the future. We appreciate your candid reviews as it allow us to monitor the quality of services we provide to our guests. We value your business.

There are newer reviews for Rodeway Inn Downtown near Riverwalk

Reviewed January 25, 2014

The hotel was abit shabby. The room was big enough however the security chain lock was broke - easily fixed by someone with a drill and screwdriver however kinda shows maybe they dont check rooms that often.

The cleaning staff are terrible here. Due to the chain not working on the lock they would knock once and immediately barge in saying "housekeeping" and I told the lady and man we dont need any service today, and they couldnt understand English and continued to barge into the bathroom and change the towels..Now luckily neither me or the gf were getting changed or naked at this stage. This would be all sorted with a "DO NOT DISTURB" sign on the door which they didn't supply - fix ya damn security chains on ya doors!

Location was good as it was a cheap hotel and only about 15 min walk to Riverwalk.

Breakfast was okish. They only have one waffle maker and seems there were always cues for this. Now there was always someone sitting behind the breakfast desk, why they never suggested to management getting another Waffle maker to reduce cues I have no Idea.

Room Tip: Make sure you have a room where the chain lock works otherwise Cleaners just barge in.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Hello JayjayCM.,

Thank you for your very generous, candid comments. I will surely bring your concern to management’s attention so that this “overlooked” matter is evaluated and verified. I apologize for the limited language comprehension of the housekeeping staff assigned to you during your stay. We will make sure that this inconvenience is avoided in the future.

Reviewed January 9, 2014

This place is foul beyond belief. I went up to my room that had a burned door that was repainted into a dirty room. I then went out for awhile. When I came back, I noticed the complete bedbug infestation. There were thousands of larvae everywhere. Then they would not let me change rooms and when I checked out refused to even acknowledge the infestation. Avoid at all costs!

• Stayed: November 2013
gautamshah, General Manager at Rodeway Inn Downtown near Riverwalk, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014

Thank you for informing us about the one of biggest issue that all hotel faces, I apologize that your stay was not pleasant. Please be rest assured that professional is treating the room which was infested. It is 2weeks treatment which treats 100%. Please contact me directly on gautam@salodging.com or call front desk, so I can resolve your concern. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience during your stay and hope to see you during your next visit

Reviewed January 4, 2014

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
gautamshah, Manager at Rodeway Inn Downtown near Riverwalk, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014

Reviewed December 19, 2013

Never again! The place was dirty, very old, smelling, noisy and with a terrible breakfast. Staff were looking bored and without any will to smile or to be friendly. Of course, you cannot expect to have motivated people in such a sad and bad place. The only positive aspect is that it is located close to Alamo, but you better walk or take a car than staying in a place like Travel lodge Hotel in San Antonio.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 12, 2013

This place is filthy! The carpet, the doors, the ceiling, the tub, the walls!!! I did not want to even get in the shower for fear that I would get dirtier. You can hear every sound from the neighbors room. The neighborhood is noisy. I will never stay in another Travelodge again. The only good point was the friendly staff, a bit unprofessional in appearance and manners but friendly and helpful none the less. The bed itself was comfy and sheets appeared to be cleaned.

Room Tip: the only good room is one in another hotel
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 30, 2013

We spend 2 nights in this Lodge during Thanks giving 13. The stuff were really very cooperative and listen special request during booking.

The hotel is best w.r.t price & location. River walk & Alamo are walking distance. This is the main reason, I selected this hotel.

Breakfast was good. Bed was good.Room heater was working good.

Only thing, room should be more clean & require renovation.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family