Rodeway Inn Downtown near Riverwalk
Ranked #264 of 357 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed June 29, 2013

It was a great location from the riverwalk. It was a good hotel for the price. The staff was very friendly and willing to get us anything we needed. The breakfast was awesome. Very good selection and it all tasted great. The only thing I didn't like was that the wifi has a password lock so I wasn't able to use it.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

Horrible! We also saw 2 roaches! If I had a choice to stay there, I wouldn't! When you walk in the room it stank so bad! We got 2 rooms & both stank! Also in one room the ac worked great but in the other it didn't work at all! Other than that, great location! Worth a lot more if they remodeled it.

• Stayed: June 2013
gautamshah, General Manager at Rodeway Inn Downtown near Riverwalk, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2013

Thank you for taking out time & rating us , i do sincerly appologize for the room smell , if you contact me directly on gautam@salodging.com to let me know the room # & dates of your stay , i will be gald to look furthur in to it , i need to fund out was it a smoking room , since typically our somkig room does smell like smoke , but in our property we have only 5 % of the rooms which are smoking , all rest are non smoking which should not have any kind smell . i would also like you to inform we do use one of best compnaies cleaning chemicals including air freshner . please contact me , so i can resolve at the earliest . again i do thank you for taking out time & lettting us know where we need improvement , also be rest assure your concern will be taken to right department & it will be resolved .

Reviewed June 22, 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 20, 2013

It's an older hotel but served its purpose and gave us 4 people 2 queen size beds to sleep. We don't like double beds so anytime I find hotels with queen size beds, I take it. The room did have a bad odor.
They also have a good breakfast. You can make your own Belgium waffle.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Picked the hotel strictly because close to AT&T Arena for Spurs game. And though I didn't even stay 24 hours I give them high praise because of the personable service of Kirtan (and I hope I spelled his name right). He was genuine in welcome and interest in my stay. Had a great laugh about my prediction on game.

Room was comfortable and clean. Easy to adjust room temp. Clean front area. Decent breakfast options for continental.

The following morning he remembered me and talked about the fun of previous conversation. We parted after shaking hands.

I was outside waiting on Go Shuttle. They were 45 minutes late. Kirtan was driving by to make a run for supplies. He was graceful enough to drive me to airport. That's customer service well appreciated!!!

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
gautamshah, General Manager at Rodeway Inn Downtown near Riverwalk, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013