This has been the worst hotel ever. Please don't go there ever!!!! I read several reviews about this hotel and they said bad things about it but with a great location on the downtown. Yeah a great location to be killed because the neighborhood is horrible!
1. The "free" breakfast is horrible!! They only have like 7 tables and if you get there a little after 7, you will have to eat standup.
2. On my second night at 11:00pm, the room above mine got fire!!!!!. The San Antonio firefighters came and the evacuated all the guests, they controlled the fire after several minutes. I was standup at 1:00 am outside of the hotel hoping that my thing were ok freezing at 32F. After several hours, I was allowed to get my things, everything was wet and my laptop was broken!!. The manager of the hotel offered me a different room that was crappy, with pizza boxes, the rug had stains on it, the room stinks, and the heater wasn't working.
So, I told him that I was not going to sleep there, so he offered to move us to a different hotel called Super 8. It was just aside the highway!!! We didn't have a car and there was no bus stop. So for the next days we had to walk to the downtown, my mom got sick with a very strong cold because of the cold of that night and because of the smoke inhaled!!
A few days later I went with the manager to get paid for my computer and he told me that the he is waiting for the insurance to pay. There has been a month since that, and the hotel hasn't paid me anything!!!!!!!
Seriously, if you don't wanna spend money and hotel, think again, it could cost you your live!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our San Antonio, TX, hotel near The Alamo is a great value so you get the most out of your trip. In the morning, wake up to free Bear Bites continental breakfast. Each room in our hotel features free Wi-Fi Internet access,Iron & board,Coffee maker and non-smoking rooms are available.We do offer free parking for our guests,After a busy day, relax with a swim in our outdoor pool. Kids 17 and under stay free with an adult.Our hotel in San Antonio is within walking distance of The Alamo,Famous Riverwalk &Convention Center. There is a trolley stop across the street from our hotel which covers all Downtown attractions.Catch a live show, musical performance or sporting event at Alamodome. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Rodeway Inn Downtown near Riverwalk reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Travelodge San Antonio Alamo Hotel San Antonio
- Travelodge San Antonio Alamo Riverwalk