The Westin Riverwalk, San Antonio
$150
$268
$239
  • Restaurant
Comfort Suites Alamo/Riverwalk(San Antonio)
$98
$1,629
JW Marriott
  • Restaurant
Omni La Mansion del Rio(San Antonio)
$149
  • Restaurant
Omni San Antonio Hotel(San Antonio)(Great Value!)
$153
Hotels.com
$249
Hotels.com
4,216 results
All reviewseugene schlaffzocca restaurantthe riverjr vasquezheavenly bedcorner suitebeautiful hotelroom servicevalet parkingthe entire staffconvention centerriverwalkconciergespgconferenceassociatealamo
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 5, 2010

Just got back from the Westin Riverwalk...First of all we are never ones to complain about anything, but this experience was just completely ridiculous and we will never waste our time or money going to this hotel again. We were staying here to attend a company party.
Positives first: very nice welcoming crew at the valet, front desk, and bell hop. My first impression was that this was a lovely, up-scale hotel since the lobby area was extremely nice. The only other positive thing I can say is that the complimentary shampoo smelled nice and the maintenance man was nice too.
Now the list of negatives: It's almost 2011, I was shocked that you had to pay for internet... even McDonald's has free wifi. Room it was okay... then we saw our "heavenly bathroom"... somehow we ended up with the ADA shower bathroom, which I call the "nursing home shower". Basically a plastic seat with a hand held hose coming from the wall with no tub or ledge around it. Just a drain on the floor with 6 hand rails and a shower curtain hanging from the ceiling. I should of marched downstairs and demanded an adequate shower... a lawnchair and waterhose would have been better. I just wish they would of told us this was the only room available and we would of nicely declined when our room was booked in Sept. and stayed at another location. But we were never given a heads up even at check in. We were told that the hotel was all booked up so we knew we couldn't get another room. Not wanting to make a big deal, but just a little disappointed at the room selection, we sucked it up and I attempted to take a shower. This is when the fun began... as soon as the shower turned on water sprayed from the fitting at the top over our entire bathroom since it was broken. Soaked and freezing and in a hurry to make our dinner reservations, I had to finish showering... so my bf had to come in there and hold his hand over the leak and hold the hose so I could rinse off and then we had to switch and I had to hold it so he could shower. I felt like i was camping and showering with a water hose. Extremely upset that we were expected to take a crappy shower like this. Finally we made it through only to notice that the water from the shower flooded the entire bathroom so our bags, towels, toilet paper, etc were all soaking wet. The bathroom was designed so horribly that the water just ran along the grout and not to the drain. Literally a pool of water in the bathroom. Besides the fact that this was extremely dangerous to have a wet slippery floor, but how could a person in a wheelchair possibly be able to use this shower? Very bad and stupid design... and it was obvious it was an ongoing problem since the base boards were damaged from water already. We did call the front desk and maintanance did a great job coming and replacing it fairly quickly, but this should of never been an issue in the first place. How was this broken shower not noticed? Since we had maintenance in our room I had to wait to get ready which caused us to be late to our dinner. But we got over it and still tried to make the best of it. Well that didn't last too long... as soon as we were getting ready for bed and pulled back the covers we noticed a big reddish brown stain on the underside of the white comforter. Once again, how did housekeeping not notice this? I am assuming it was dried up blood, but I'm not sure. No matter what it was, it was not from us and that is completely unacceptable. They use white towels and sheets so they can bleach them and the guests will know they are clean. Obviously this comforter was not cleaned. Once again called the front desk and they brought a new comforter in about 15 min. I'm not going to lie, i was so disgusted I couldn't even sleep after that and was contemplating leaving in the middle of the night. Oh and when I went to use the bathroom in the middle of the night I almost slipped and fell since the bathroom floor still had not drained. I should of just left right then. We awoke very early since we were both miserable and I decided to attempt to take another shower before I left and since it was fixed now I thought I wouldn't have the same problems... wrong! You had to hold the hand held shower hose or the water would spray the entire bathroom again b/c the shower head holder is placed in a horrible spot. So I had to spray myself, turn off the water, lather up and then turn the water back on to rinse off. Really fun when you have long hair! I should not have to do this in a $267/night hotel room. And the water still flowed along the grout and flooded the bathroom so it was not just the leak that caused this. So completely frustrated we decided to nicely tell the front desk when we were checking out about our expeience. We asked do they normally rent that room out b/c of the bathroom and we explained how the shower was very badly designed. The response we got was"Oh, really?" and then they handed us our bill b/c they honestly could of cared less. I was at least expecting someone to apologize or offer a discount since not once but twice we had to call about legitimate problems in our room. But nope... and to make matters worse this room was booked by a company and reserved under a company credit card, but when checking out they made us pay the bill with our own credit card. Eventhough when we checked in everything was under the company and they had their card information. Pissed off we didn't even want to argue and said we just want to get out of here, so we paid it and will expense it back to the company. Ridiculous!!! And when we looked at the bill as we drove away we had to pay 54 cents for making the phone call to maintenace to tell them the shower was broken. On the 2 hour drive back home, we could do nothing but laugh at how ridiculous the situation was. And yes, I do realize that it was not the person at the front desk that caused this horrible experience but when a hotel's main job is to provide customer service I was just expecting a little bit more especially from what I thought was a classier hotel To sum it up, don't stay here and if you are forced to do so; do not stay in room 816.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank kmfoltermann
WestinRiverwalkMgmt1, General Manager at The Westin Riverwalk, San Antonio, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2010

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent visit to our hotel. We are glad to hear that our associates welcomed you warmly and that your check-in experience was a positive one.

However, it is unfortunate to read that you did not experience 100% guest satisfaction during your visit. Your comments have been reviewed and shared with our management team. We certainly apologize for the issues you encountered with the room and housekeeping.

We take all comments seriously and respond immediately in order to resolve any and all issues. Again, thank you for your comments, which will help us in our ongoing efforts to improve our service here at The Westin Riverwalk. If you would like to discuss your experience with a member of our hotel staff, please send an email to westinriverwalk-mgmt.com so that we may address it with you directly.

Sincerely

Reviewed November 29, 2010

My husbadn and I recently stayed the day after Thanksgiving to go see the Riverwalk Christmas parade. We had purchased tickets for seatling at the Arneson Theatre and only had to walk maybe 5 minutes from the hotel down the riverwalk. Everything was near by, we even walked to the River Center mall and did a little Christmas shopping and had dinner at the nearby Lone Star Cafe. So overall the location was amazing! Now at check in we arrived about an hour and a half before we were supposed to check in and the front desk clerk was awesome! She checked us in right away and in minutes we were getting settle into our lovely room. The Heavenly bed was super comfy, had a wonderful night sleep and LOVED the dual shower heads! We had a city view room which had a really nice view of downtown and you could see the Riverwalk lit up with Christmas lights as well! We enjoyed the buffet breakfast in the morning, it was very yummy and too much to food to try everything! Check out went just as smoothly as check in... we wished we were staying for more than one night! Overall I loved our stay at the Westin and can not wait to go back!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for sharing your positive comments about our hotel. We were glad to hear that you enjoyed our signature "Heavenly" bed components as well the dual shower heads in the shower. It was great that you were able to enjoy the holiday lights on the Riverwalk.
Thanks again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon!
Sincerely

Reviewed November 29, 2010

We stayed at the Westin Riverwalk to celebrate our anniversary and the Thanksgiving holiday. Due to our anniversary, the hotel manager upgraded our room and sent us a lovely plate of chocolate covered strawberries and truffles. WOW! That is great customer service. In addition, the hotel's quiet location on the river is very nice.

Reviewed November 23, 2010

The management of The Westin has customer service down to a science. Check in and check out were efficient and friendly. Door staff, housekeeping, everyone on the same page.

The hotel is pricey but it was a special treat. The common areas are spacious and great for relaxing and some quiet time. The back of the hotel is directly on the river (canal) away from the direct hustle and bustle of the bar area but within short walking distance.

You have the option of foregoing housekeeping services during your stay for a $5/per night voucher to be used for food or beverage within the hotel. We took advantage of that.

The room was ok, not spectacular. It was roomy but I've been in less expensive hotels offering the same upgraded bedding and larger bathrooms.

What impressed me the most was the quietness. No banging doors, no wild life, we were on the 11th floor so no excessive street noise. Although there were people in rooms next to ours, across from ours, not a peep. Very nice.

All in all a comfy stay, albeit an expensive one.

Reviewed November 16, 2010

This was my first visit to San Antonio (October 2010), so I researched hotels on this site. We wanted a little more plushness than the Drury Inn and I've always had a good experience with Westin. This was no different. It is on the quiet side of the Riverwalk, so its about a 3-4 block walk to the "main" part of the riverwalk (bars, restaurants, etc.) which took 5-10 minutes. Perfect location as far as we were concerned: close enough to the action without the noise.

We were upgraded to a Riverwalk Room with a small (SRO) balcony and 2 queen beds. Very comfy beds/linens. Large enough room for 4 girls. Bathroom was also roomy.

The pool area was small (about 20 chairs), but we had no problem getting lounge chairs the first afternoon. Nice fitness center.

We didn't eat/drink at the hotel, so cannot comment there. Would definitely stay here again when I return to SAT!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends