4,450 results
All reviews eugene schlaff zocca restaurant the river sous chef heavenly bed corner suite beautiful hotel room service valet parking the entire staff valet service convention center riverwalk concierge spg conference associate
Selected filters
Reviewed June 14, 2019

My first experience at the Westin was less than impressive. The first question the front desk clerk asked was what time I thought I would be leaving when I checked out. Seriously? My mother taught me better manners than that. You don't immediately ask a guest coming in to your home when they plan on leaving (unless you plan on that guest never coming back...hint, hint). The air conditioning could not seem to keep up (I kept mine at 62 and it was still humid and warm). Several other guests concurred. There was some sort of bug poo on the bench in my room. The pillows...oh, where to begin. Why do hotels insist on those smooshed down versions of a "pillow"? It takes 4 of them to sort of kind of create one half of a pillow. When I checked out and the clerk asked how my stay was, I replied "It was ok". The clerk looked a little surprised and asked "Just ok?" and I thought, "Ok, good, some customer service". And, I mentioned the A/C and then he sort of looked vacant and I gave up. My point is, the hotel is very pretty. The customer service could use some sprucing up. Like maybe don't start with "When are you leaving"?

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed June 9, 2019 via mobile

My wife and I decided to take a road trip to San Antonio to enjoy the Riverwalk and do some wine tours, in Fredericksburg. We chose the Westin Riverwalk as we are Marriott loyalists and Platinum Elite.

From the minute we walked into the hotel, we were met with impeccable service and my status as a Platinum was absolutely recognized and rewarded. We were upgraded to an awesome corner suite with two balconies. The employee at the check in desk explained everything to us and we knew what to take advantage of in the hotel. We did have an issue with room 1139, though. The AC just wouldn’t get the bedroom cool, so sleeping was a bit rough. However, the hotel did a fantastic job of making this right for us and did what they could to cool the room. The way the hotel handled the issue was phenomenal and I couldn’t be more impressed.

The hotel’s location is perfect. The hotel’s amenities are fantastic. The hotel’s service is beyond good. We can’t wait to come back to San Antonio and stay at the Westin Riverwalk.

Thank you, Westin, for an awesome weekend!!

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 7, 2019

Chemetria Alexander, I have an elite status with 4 different Hospitality and travel companies.
The service I received from this incredibly, generous, young professional has me humbled. Never in the 25 years of my travel history, have I received this kind of an attention. She should be made an exemplary model for training of the staffs. THANK YOU for everything

Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed June 6, 2019 via mobile

The San Antonio riverwalk is during the evening and weekends a busy place to be. In the morning you can stroll along with your coffee and enjoy it much more. No people almost and perfect opportunity to get beautiful pictures . Mile after mile.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
TeamMarriott, General Manager at The Westin Riverwalk, San Antonio, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2019

Dear S2397SVpeter,

Thank you for reviewing your nice experience at The Westin Riverwalk, San Antonio. It is always our attempt to provide a revitalizing stay for each guest, and we are glad to see we accomplished this while you were here. We hope to be your hotel of choice whenever you both return to the area.

Be Well,
Reed Randolph

Reviewed June 5, 2019

I stayed for about a week for a business meeting and the following weekend. First, I will say the general premises of the hotel are elegant and clean. The meeting facilities are nice and the banquet staff appeared to do a great job. As a meeting planner myself, I would consider using the Westin. As a guest, I'm not so sure I would come back.

My first of three rooms was supposed to be a king, but when the group reservations coordinator was unresponsive to my request to change my dates (she did it once, incorrectly, and then never returned another call) and I had to get the event host to do it, my reservation turned into two doubles, which I didn't realize until I reached the room. Fine, I could deal during my seminar and get it switched before my spouse arrived for the weekend, but I was annoyed to discover that the next morning that the mattress had a huge crater and the makeup mirror didn't work. The front desk was very helpful in finding me a king to move to that day.

My second room was okay -- a handicapped room with a wonky door that a disabled person might find very difficult to use -- but the air conditioning didn't work. The maintenance worker sent to investigate (Albert) was outstanding and very customer-oriented. When he realized that we were growing impatient with our experience at the Westin, he quickly found us an available, nearby room that was far nicer than I had initially reserved.

The weirdest thing about my stay is that a dress and sweater went missing at some point. I figured I'd somehow missed 20% of the closet and left them behind during one of my two moves. I went to the front desk the day before my departure to ask if they'd been found, and after staff checked lost and found, they told me that no such items had been found and that anything left in the closet would have been found by security and housekeeping when I vacated. I thought maybe I hadn't packed them, but when I got home, they were not in my closet. We called the hotel to register our frustration and concern that the items had been stolen, and the items were quickly found. Supposedly they had been turned in two days before I was told that they had not. They quickly shipped the items to me, for which I am grateful, but the whole thing was strange.

Room tip: Rooms ending in 16 feel about a mile from the elevators but are quiet, with only one neighbor.
Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business

Dear Julia_Houston,

Thank you for reviewing your stay. Effective and optimal accommodations are of the utmost importance, so we are genuinely sorry for the issues you experienced with your room assignment, and with the maintenance of your second room. We appreciate you bringing these maintenance issues to our attention. We will address them immediately so they do not occur in the future.

We would also like to apologize for the delays in locating your clothing. We were pleased to find those items and send them back to you, but we understand your concerns at the time it took to do so. Rest assured, we will be more diligent in locating any lost items going forward. Thanks for choosing us, and we hope you will consider returning the next time you are in the area.

Be Well,