The Westin Riverwalk, San Antonio
$119
$266
$239
  • Restaurant
Comfort Suites Alamo/Riverwalk(San Antonio)
$98
  • Breakfast included
Omni La Mansion del Rio(San Antonio)
$196
$149
  • Restaurant
Menger Hotel(San Antonio)
$176
$132
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Omni San Antonio Hotel(San Antonio)(Great Value!)
$149
$153
Travelocity
$140
4,219 results
All reviewseugene schlaffzocca restaurantthe riverjr vasquezheavenly bedcorner suitebeautiful hotelroom servicevalet parkingthe entire staffconvention centerriverwalkconciergespgconferenceassociatealamo
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 14, 2006

January 15, 2005 Just in from a saturday night stay at san antonio river walk westin. first off im a working class person not a millionare. I was shocked at check in when i was told the hotel has no parking garages or lots of its own. Was given directions how to get to a city owned garage and it was close and only cost me $18.00 to park there overnite. The room was clean and the bed was nice however the privite balcony was very very small, but I could see the river from it. From the window I could only see air conditioners and a parking garage and I thought the $5 bottles of water was a bit much. If I had to do it all over I would not have paid extra for the river walk side. Its about 5 blocks down the river til you get to any nightlife(resturants/bars/shops). Want be staying with them again.

12  Thank mikepanther
Reviewed January 4, 2006

We stay at this hotel every year during the week of the Alamo Bowl. It's a busy time on the Riverwalk but this hotel is off of the beaten path a little so the crowds aren't as bad. We choose the rooms facing the River but not directly above the pool. For the most part, the employees are very helpful and knowledgeable. On this occasion we encountered some problems with the front desk being unprepared and the night manager being a tad bit rude. I heard some other people talking in the elevator making the same comments. Perhaps since this is an extremely busy week they are overly stressed but customers should come first. We would stay here again because we love the city and the location of this hotel. Just don't be afraid to speak up if you feel the service is lacking in any way.

• Stayed: January 2006
9  Thank glennil
Reviewed January 1, 2006

We recently stayed at the Westin-Riverwalk hotel and simply enjoyed everything about the facility. The room service was timely, the room was immaculate and the rate was appropriate for the service we had received. This is a great hotel for the entire family with everything, i.e., attractions and restaurants right at your doorstep. My only complaint, due largely on my part to poor planning, was that we had booked reservations during the Alamo Bowl. The overcrowded riverwalk made for 1-2 hour lines for food service.
P.S. In response to the previous guests, "YES! there are trains somewhere near that hotel." Our room was located on the 12th floor and I heard the horn at least 3 times throughout the night.

• Stayed: December 2005
11  Thank lbug0220
Reviewed December 30, 2005

My family and I stayed here on a mid-winter holiday visit to San Antonio. The hotel is lovely, and the staff very welcoming. Everyone -- the receptionists at the front desk, the concierge, bell men, waiters, housekeepers, the news store clerk -- was completely on top of his or her job and a real pleasure to deal with. The rooms are large and beautifully equipped, with spacious marble bathrooms, "heavenly beds," good lighting, and comfortable chairs for reading and for work, plus big French doors opening onto a small balcony. Some might find the location too quiet, but it was perfect for us: a beautiful spot near the south end of the River Walk, where you can enjoy the magical play of the lights on the water without the dense crowds and the sometimes overwhelming noise that characterize the area a little upstream. It's the best of all worlds: a peaceful oasis that is still easily accessible to everything. We especially enjoyed the outdoor galleries off the main lobby and the quiet riverside courtyards adjoining the restaurant and the coffee bar on the lower floor. Prices seemed fair: in the upper middle of the range.

If I could change a couple of things, I'd enlarge the driveway, which is too small for the amount of traffic attempting to use it, and do something to enliven the restaurant, which has good (albeit expensive) food but is awfully quiet and often empty.

Bottom line: this hotel is right in the sweet spot for quality, price, location, and service. We had a wonderful time, and will definitely return.

• Stayed: December 2005
11  Thank Pullman1
A TripAdvisor Member
Piqua, Ohio
Reviewed December 5, 2005

Just returned from a three night stay at the Westin Riverwalk Hotel in San Antonio. Clean and friendly Hotel. Located on Riverwalk, close to all Riverwalk and Downtown attractions. Would stay there again when in San Antonio.

Stayed: December 2005