“Zocca at The Westin Riverwalk”

The Westin Riverwalk, San Antonio
Ranked #6 of 354 Hotels in San Antonio
“Zocca at The Westin Riverwalk”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2014

I recently stayed at The Westin Riverwalk in San Antonio. This is a very nice SPG property in a great location. I had the pleasure of having Daley P. being assigned to my table at the bar in Zocca's restaurant downstairs. Although she was exceptionally busy, she somehow took the time to talk to all her customers but never keep everyone waiting for anything.She has movie star looks and gives Disney like quality service, I know I'll be back!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank Tom G

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,149)
Graham, Washington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2014

Great location...BUT.... carpet was filthy, trash all over the balcony, dresser drawers wouldn't stay closed, room bar/fridge didn't work, things (food, robe) missing from room on checkin. No airport shuttle.
For $300++ I expected better. $7+ charge per day for internet.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank MVRacer
GBNCM, General Manager at The Westin Riverwalk, San Antonio, responded to this review, September 9, 2014
Thank you MVRacer, for taking the time to give us your valuable feedback on your stay at The Westin Riverwalk. I'm sorry to hear that you didn't have a good experience with us. Our operational teams were astounded to read that you experienced so many mishaps during your stay at our property. I can assure you that your experience, albeit discouraging, is not indicative of the quality of service we typically provide.

Thank you again for your comment and we welcome the opportunity to demonstrate that we are able to provide the quality of service you have every right to expect from the Westin Riverwalk.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2014

Beautiful hotel that is in a great location. Hotel parking is $37 a day....walk across the street and pay $16 a day. Immediately upon arrival we were ushered in and treated very well. I had to do some work and was unimpressed to find out that the West in charges for their network (its free in the lobby and bar area), but I needed to get some real work done on a full size laptop that is bit of a pain in a lobby.

The price was not too bad for a nice hotel $120 a night, but I would expect network access for that price.

• Stayed September 2014
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2014

Over the Labor Day weekend -Impressed by the hotel's architecture, entrance, lobby, front desk, bell service, restaurant, except for the room. I saw one or two cockroaches. One by the desk chair and one by the coffee maker. It ran away too fast for me to catch! I didn't have a chance to report it because I was too busy with our itinerary. And I'd report it on their survey they'd send me. My suggestion is not to put a basket of snacks for purchase out. I heard Texas has a bug issue due to the weather and it being the Riverwalk mosquitoes are around and was bitten. Even my mother-in-law and son were too!
The restaurant review was right on and it was so worth going. The food and service was very good!
We also noticed that housekeeping didn't cover our floor til very late past check in time. We came back and our room was not touched. We had to put out the lovely welcome dishes and beverages that they gave out by our door at 4pm the next day when we came back to change for dinner. Overall, the convenience of where the hotel was made it worthwhile!

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
Thank you Snocerino for taking the time to give us your valuable feedback on your stay at the Westin Riverwalk. Our operational teams were astounded to read that you experienced so many mishaps during your stay at our property. I can assure you that your experience, albeit discouraging, is not indicative of the quality of service we typically provide.

Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2014

I stayed the Westin just for one night. After I booked, the trip advisor ( Amanda Sanchez ) sent me an email as a greeting. She helped a lot to have fun in San Antonio. I'm sure the Westin will be the place I stay if I visit San Antonio next time.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2014

I was impressed from the moment I booked my stay. I received an email from their Director, Front office, Andrew Carey, welcoming me to the Westin Riverwalk. I'm happy to see it wasn't an automatic email, but a personal welcome. I asked him to provide me with some airport transfer info as well as info regarding some of the tours, etc. He was very quick in providing me with the info and even had a special treat waiting for me at the front desk when I checked in. Now that is what I call service. Never experienced that anywhere else. The hotel was lovely and located right on the water. There are so many restaurants around that it's hard to choose where to dine. However, I was happy to discover the Zocca restaurant within the hotel. By far the best meals I had were at this great little restaurant. And to think I strolled around for hours just trying to find the right place, and it was right under our noses. Excellent food!! The rooms were very spacious and comfortable as is always the case with Westin. Very convenient location too.

Room Tip: A friend of ours stayed on the fourth floor and had to listen to a garbage dumpster every night. How...
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
Dallas, TX
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2014

We stayed here two nights over Labor Day weekend in a standard double room with city view, which wasn't too bad. Would not have paid the extra for the river view, as I think you'd probably just be looking at another building unless you looked straight down at the river.

The hotel is on a quiet part of the Riverwalk. We found it was easier to walk on the surface a couple of blocks north on Navarro to get to the restaurants/bars/shopping. Glad we were able to use the pool for an hour, and it wasn't too crowded on a Sunday afternoon, surprisingly.

The main drawback is the parking, like others have said. We just paid for valet, although I'm sure we could have found alternative parking for less. Also, as with most hotels noise from the room next door can be an issue, but I think it was accentuated by the adjoining door letting extra sound through.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you jaydfwtx, for taking the time to give us your valuable feedback on your stay at The Westin Riverwalk. Thank you for pointing out various positive aspects of our hotel such as our quiet and convenient location and our pool.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon!