“Fantastic!”

The Westin Riverwalk, San Antonio
Ranked #12 of 357 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed August 15, 2014

The Westin is the best hotel I've ever stayed at. The hospitality is second to none. JR Vasquez, Leo and Fernando even found a way to store my kayak for me while my family and I explored downtown San Antonio! Not only did they store the kayak for me, they even loaded and unloaded it off the roof of my suburban. This is the type of hospitality you can expect from The Westin. Everything in the room was beyond expectation as well!

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Jerod P
Write a ReviewReviews (4,166)

Reviewed August 14, 2014

I travel for business almost every week and have learned a few things about hotels... What makes some exceptional versus mediocre? Why am loyal to certain properties and not others?
Basically, in my opinion, it comes down to customer service, and this applies to business and leisure travel: How does the hotel treat its customer?

Before I arrived to The Westin Riverwalk I received an email from the hotel's Executive Assistant, Ingrid Schmidt. I usually get an email from a hotel before my stay, but I can tell it is a computer generated email template just confirming my reservation. Ingrid's email was personal and asked when my wife and I would be arriving to the hotel. I had a couple of requests for the stay and Ingrid exceeded our expectations (a hand written note was a nice touch).

While staying at The Westin Riverwalk we found the staff very helpful and courteous. Fernando Coronado, the Front Desk Supervisor, gave me his card and made himself available while he was on the property.

[Of note: my wife forgot her shirts hanging in the room's closet. Ingrid and Amanda Sanchez, The Westin's Security Officer, actually found my wife's shirts and sent them FedEx to our home. Can you believe that?! That is exceptional service! You think my wife would want to go back to The Westin??! Good job, Ingrid & Amanda!]

Our room was clean, comfortable, and quiet. The hotel's location is perfect for the Riverwalk area, but has easy access to all freeways to exit downtown.

Overall, our stay at The Westin Riverwalk was excellent and a very good value for the rate per night. Needless to say, I will be staying at The Westin Riverwalk when visiting San Antonio.

Robin B.

2  Thank Robin B
Reviewed August 13, 2014

Our family loves the Westin Riverwalk. The service, the rooms and the restaurant are fantastic. This morning we enjoyed a nice breakfast at Zocca restaurant and had Angel as our waiter. Best waiter we have had in a long time. It was such a wonderful experience… As usual. Always look forward to returning!

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
GBNCM, General Manager at The Westin Riverwalk, San Antonio, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2014

Hi Steve,
Thank you for the kind words! Also, we appreciate you mentioning Angel, we're certainly lucky to have him on our staff.
We look forward to having you back soon.
Bill Petrella, GM

Reviewed August 13, 2014

Currently staying at the Westin Riverwalk in San Antonio. What can I say? The staff has been great from the moment I arrived (here on business). The ladies at the bar, Susan and her staff have been great. Richard and his friend from the hotel staff were also incredibly friendly, its always a pleasure to be able to strike up a conversation with a hotel employee and to not feel like you are bothering them. I had the slightest problem adjusting my room temperature and upon hearing this Richard immediately offered to take a look at it and to even set it to the temp I wanted.

Restaurant down stairs was great, it is Italian cuisine. When I asked why there wasn't chicken parm on the menu the waitress immediately went into the kitchen and had the chef cook me one specially - amazing service!

Room Tip: Try to ask for a riverwalk view, the city skyline is okay but not amazing. The air conditioning work...
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed August 13, 2014 via mobile

Nice, typical high-end hotel. Nothing exceptional. The riverwalk-facing room was very nice and the views were great. The bed was extremely comfortable and gave me a great night's sleep, which I usually don't get on business trips. I felt like the giant, vertical shower head was a bit too much fancy and not very practical, but that is a nitpick. Would stay here again, but the cost is a little steep for what you get.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business

Hi Carter,
Thank you for taking the time to post about the Westin Riverwalk. We appreciate you staying with us and we hope to see you back soon.
Bill Petrella, GM

Reviewed August 12, 2014

Hotel is very close to all Riverwalk tourist locations yet on a side of the river that is less noisy. Parking is valet but there is a self parking garage across street. Booked the corner Suite which overlooks pool and has 2 small balconies. The room has a living room that opens into bedroom. Bathroom is as large as some entire hotel rooms. Beds very comfortable. Did not try restaurant, but pasted by it several times and food looked quite good. Would stay here again

2  Thank William B
GBNCM, General Manager at The Westin Riverwalk, San Antonio, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2014

Hello William,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay and for pointing out the various positive aspects of our hotel. We are very happy to hear that you had a great time. We hope to see you again soon!

Bill Petrella

Reviewed August 12, 2014

My wife and I stayed here for our 20th wedding anniversary. We really enjoyed the accommodations and the breakfast bar was outstanding

Mackenzie at the front desk was exceptional in her service and her style. She went out of her way to make us feel welcome and she really went the extra mile.

We are planning on staying here again on our next visit, and I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

2  Thank John B

Hello John,
Congratulations on your 20th anniversary! Thank you for telling us about your stay. We're very happy to hear that you were taken care of and that you had a wonderful time. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon.

Bill Petrella