“Great Hotel in a Great Location, but...”

The Westin Riverwalk, San Antonio
Ranked #6 of 356 Hotels in San Antonio
Moraga, California
“Great Hotel in a Great Location, but...”
Reviewed July 27, 2014

Lovely hotel, great rooms in a great location. But having stayed there 4-5 times a year, every year, since 1999 it does bug me that every time I check in they ask me if it's my first time there. Really? Obviously I like the place a lot or would've moved on, but this is the kind of thing that NEVER happens at the very best hotels. Just annoying, but my 50 stays here should highlight that it's still the best hotel in San Antonio.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Mike A
GBNCM, General Manager at The Westin Riverwalk, San Antonio, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Hello Mike,
Thank you for letting us know. I'll discuss this with our front desk staff today.

We appreciate you staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Bill Petrella, GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,175)
  • Arabic first
Midland, Texas
Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

Wife and I stayed at the Westin River Walk for a weekend retreat to attend a friend's wedding. The room was very nice and roomy but the pillows in the bed were simply awful. I don't understand this new hotel movement toward pillows that provide absolutely zero support. This hotel fad needs desperately to go away. Otherwise our stay was fabulous and the hotel staff was superb. I highly recommend this hotel. Just bring your own pillow. Theirs are terrible.

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Patrick M
Hello Patrick,
Thank you for your comment. We wish you had called the front desk as we provide any type of pillow to our guests. We understand that all guests have different needs, which is why we offer firm, medium or feather pillows.

We appreciate you staying with us and we hope to see you again soon!

Wallkill
Reviewed July 26, 2014

My family and I went here for dinner in celebration of my brothers graduation from Lackland AFB. The view is beautiful, the restaurant is clean and well kept, and our server Jason was great. He was very knowledgable of the food and had various suggestions that were awesome. He was very friendly and helpful and also talkative and tentative. Great experience absolutely no complaints!

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Jessicarib
Newport Beach, California
Reviewed July 25, 2014 via mobile

I'm always impressed with every Starwood property I stay at. They're a like the Nordstrom of hospitality. When checking in Fernando Coronado, the front desk supervisor couldn't have been nicer. Upon hearing it was my wife's first time in Texas he welcomed her & offered to buy us cocktails! He and the rest if the staff have earned my loyalty to the Starwood brand hotels. Service matters and they "get it".

Stayed July 2014
3 Thank Daveclarke5
GBNCM, General Manager at The Westin Riverwalk, San Antonio, responded to this review, July 26, 2014
Hello Dave,
Great to hear! I'm glad that you and your wife enjoyed your stay with us. Also, thanks for mentioning Fernando. We're lucky to have him on our staff!

Thank you for posting on TripAdvisor and for staying at the Westin Riverwalk. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed July 24, 2014

Great service from Joe Angel. The bar is right on the river walk. I ordered the skinny margarita (even though I really wanted the prickly pear margarita). Crab cake appetizer is awesome. He also gave us good pointers about other great dining options in the area. Cigars and good beer :-)

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Sgsquare
Silver Spring, Maryland
Reviewed July 24, 2014

This will be an excellent choice for a family vacation or business -- large clean rooms, very spacious and modern fitness center, and fine Italian dining. Plus, walking access to the Alamo and other downtown shopping and dining options. The large lobby is a nice place to relax with coffee, catch up on work, or visit with colleagues. I truly enjoyed my stay here.

Room Tip: Select a room on the Riverwalk side of the hotel -- balconies are also available.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Hello Ron,
Thank you for the kind words and for mentioning how close we really are to all of the great San Antonio sites!

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed July 23, 2014

The Westin Riverwalk has always given us the best service I have experienced in hotels. I wouldn’t stay anywhere else when visiting San Antonio. All their staff is very accommodating to your needs. I have had this experience with an employee named Mr. Schlaff. It says a lot to me when I see the same employee(s) working for the same company for many years. Their rooms plus their restaurant has a nice scenery and excellent service. Thank you for giving me such a memorable experience.

Room Tip: Toward the Riverwalk.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family