“Great location, Nice hotel...”

The Westin Riverwalk, San Antonio
Ranked #7 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed May 25, 2014

The location of the Westin Riverwalk in San Antonio is prefect, front deck customer service was excellent, the room was large, bed comfortable, balcony wonderful and the restaurant on site is very good. We could walk everywhere we wanted to go from this location, it was prefect, we had drinks and dinner at the restaurant on site and we were very pleased w/ the service and meal. We enjoyed our stay at this hotel and will go back!!

The only reason I didn't give this hotel a five star was the housekeeping was off a beat, they didn't replace soap,the coffee that was used wasn't replaced and I hate to point this out, but the toilet paper in the bathroom was awful, plus the towels were not soft, I expected better!! When we told the front deck our complaints the person checking us out took us right over to Starbucks and bought our coffee for the morning, a nice touch!! She was also going to made housekeeping aware of our concerns.

Room Tip: Loved our room on the Riverwalk, a must when staying here!!
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
GBNCM, General Manager at The Westin Riverwalk, San Antonio, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2014

Hi Sandy,
Thank you for letting us know. I'll make sure that housekeeping gets the message.

We appreciate you staying with us and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed May 24, 2014

Clearly, the mission of this hotel is to provide excellent, attentive customer service. In particular I would like to mention Joey, my mini-bar attendant, who brought me some Earl Grey tea bags (they are my favorite and aren't included in the standard mini-bar setup), Martha Peddle and Blanca Rios who provided excellent help with our in-the-meeting-room food/beverage service during our 3-day event...Blanca (and Jason Kramer) also brought me smoothies each morning, since I often didn't have time to get food out of our meeting room...so kind! Other folks that were attentive and helpful were Eugene Schlaff, Adrian and Jorge Galineto. All in all a beautiful hotel and experience...from the luscious views of the Riverwalk (hard to remember I wasn't in France, Italy or Spain) to the unique flavor of the hotel's architecture (no feeling of a chain...what a treat!)wonderful, creative food and most of all, thoughtful, friendly staff. Thank you for a wonderful experience!

Room Tip: I was on the non-Riverwalk side, which was fine...but I would recommend trying to be on the Riverwal...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 23, 2014

A group of us had a conference at the Westin this May, so I was there for 5 days. The Westin did a great job on our event. I really loved the room/bed and my balcony! Service express treated me great, and so did Manuel when I left my battery and charger—they sent it back as soon as I called! The bartender in the downstairs bar was another plus—friendly and accommodating.

The only thing I would not do again is the green stay. I like my bed made, trash dumped and dirty towels taken away each day, plus I kept forgetting to get more coffee! But when I needed anything, the maids were there.

Room Tip: I like being on the Riverwalk side because the view is fun!

Hi Kathy,
Thank you for the feedback! I'm glad to hear you had a nice time while staying with us.

Thanks for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed May 22, 2014

You'll be hard pressed to find anything wrong with this hotel and it's location!

I've stayed at both the Marriott and Hyatt in downtown San Antonio on previous visits. The Westin beats them both due to its more intimate public space (rather than the cavernous experience of a convention hotel), superb service, terrific restaurant and bar, and its large/comfortable rooms.

The hotel is located on the "quiet side" of the riverwalk, which you can access by literally walking out the back door of the hotel. The street location is also excellent - if you take to the street, you are just a few blocks away from dozens of restaurants and bars (quicker than walking the riverwalk.) There is also a CVS drug store nearby.

My ONLY complaint to management would be the internet service. I paid for the fastest speed, but it was very inconsistent. Hopefully that improves before my next visit.

Overall, I agree this hotel is worthy of it's high rating!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 21, 2014

We just returned from our 2nd stay at the Westin Riverwalk, and it was even better than I remembered. Where to start...the beds more than live up to their 'heavenly' name, the rooms and public spaces are beautiful, the veranda and patio near the river are spacious and very comfortable, beautiful pool area, the restaurant is top-notch, coffee shop is convenient and a good lower-cost option for breakfast, every staff member we encountered was beyond helpful...you get the idea. We traveled with three other couples ranging in age from 40 to 70, and we all enjoyed ourselves thoroughly. This is a classy, fun, relaxing hotel with excellent service in an excellent location. Stay there - you will not be disappointed!

Reviewed May 19, 2014

We had a block of rooms of over 100 rooms for a wedding party. Every person had great things to say about the hotel. My own experience was excellent. The staff is well trained and attentive to a fault. Food quality in the restaurant and via room service never disappointed. Location is central to virtually every attraction downtown (Don't miss the new Briscoe Western Art museum one block away).

Room Tip: the river view room with balconies are excellent.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
GBNCM, General Manager at The Westin Riverwalk, San Antonio, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2014

Hello jpferguson,
I'm glad to hear that everyone had a wonderful time while at the Westin Riverwalk. Thank you for mentioning our staff, our food and our convenient location!

We appreciate you staying with us and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed May 18, 2014

This was our sixth visit to San Antonio and our sixth stay at the Westin Riverwalk. I can't imagine staying anywhere else. The heavenly bed is truly heavenly and the service is top-notch. We have always felt valued as a guest when staying at this hotel. Although everyone we came in contact with was extremely helpful, on this visit we were particularly impressed with Jaime and Severino from room service, Kitt from the pool bar, and David and Mackenzie at the front desk. We look forward to our next opportunity to return to San Antonio and the Westin Riverwalk.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple